GDT: Calder Cup Finals Game 6 | Grand Rapids Griffins @ Syracuse Crunch | 06/18 | 7:00 PM

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Finally!! I was getting scared they were going to blow it again after that Syracuse goal in the 3rd.

I'm so excited about the future considering this was a very young team that won the Calder Cup.

At least we have one organizational championship to enjoy this offseason.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Best part is a lot of good AHL teams win with good vets. GR doesnt have a vet that plays a large role on the team. On the defense theres Evans and on forward Pare played some top 6 and Hoggan was mostly a third liner.

Detroits future is bright, all the prospects stepped up big time on the run

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Best part is a lot of good AHL teams win with good vets. GR doesnt have a vet that plays a large role on the team. On the defense theres Evans and on forward Pare played some top 6 and Hoggan was mostly a third liner.

Detroits future is bright, all the prospects stepped up big time on the run

Paetsch. But the offense is carried by the kids.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
He's finally overripe :)

He's finally "dominated" the AHL. For those of you who were able to watch most of the playoffs how did Tatar look when compared to Nyquist & who was your surprise performer in the playoffs? Mine would have to be Almqvist/Glendening/Sheahan, Almqvist really impressed me he was much better defensively then what I thought he was, Glendening/Sheahan both put up a ton of point while still playing great defensively.

I still find it funny that the Crunch fans are still whining about the officiating in the series. :laugh:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I wasn't thrilled at all with Tatar being sent down this season but at least he's got an AHL playoffs MVP to show for his time in Grand Rapids this season. Can't wait to see him in Detroit full time.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
He's finally "dominated" the AHL. For those of you who were able to watch most of the playoffs how did Tatar look when compared to Nyquist & who was your surprise performer in the playoffs?

Jurco and Sheahan. Jurco put up 28 points in 70+ games, but put up half of that in 23 games in the playoffs. Sheahan looks like he could turn into a great all-around player.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
He's finally "dominated" the AHL. For those of you who were able to watch most of the playoffs how did Tatar look when compared to Nyquist & who was your surprise performer in the playoffs? Mine would have to be Almqvist/Glendening/Sheahan, Almqvist really impressed me he was much better defensively then what I thought he was, Glendening/Sheahan both put up a ton of point while still playing great defensively.

I still find it funny that the Crunch fans are still whining about the officiating in the series. :laugh:

Tatar was by some margin the most dominant player offensively, his stickhandling is better than Nyquist and his shot is more accurate, he also has better balance. He is not as fast on his skates as Nyquist and doesn't backcheck quite as hard as Andersson, but he is probably the closest we have in the organization to someone with Datsyuk's stick handling and take away ability.

Give him a season or two to get stronger and get used to the NHL and he will be a VERY good offensive player - he will be better than Hudler.

Glendening really did well in the playoffs, but I think Mursak has to be my surprise. He is going to the KHL next season and was understandably disappointed being sent to GR, but he played hard and really caused a lot of trouble for Syracuse with his speed and puck handling.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Congrats to the Griffins. I meant to post this with the GDT...I couldn't fit it in there without shrinking the rest of the images.

156bu52.jpg

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
I'm psyched. This is all the evidence we need that the Wings do have a strong prospect pool and this whole building through the draft thing is going to work out after all.

Tatar looks like he'll be a legit threat in the big show. Mrazek has the makings of a star goalie. Imagine how good the Griffs will be next year with Jensen, Sproul, Jarnkrok and Pulu in the lineup full-time and Sheahan and Jurco with a full year plus post-season under their belts.

Looking realgud, Li'l Wings.

Fowler524

Mar 31, 2008
Royal Oak, Mi
Congrats to the Griffins!! I'm happy for Tatar, who has nothing left to prove in the AHL and SHOULD be a Redwing full time next season. I'm really happy for Pare, who has been a contributor and leader for the Griffins for a long time now. If he can't get an NHL offer from another organization or somewhere in Europe maybe he will comeback to Grand Rapids with a "C" on his jersey next season.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013

The last 3 games were officiated pretty damn near perfect, those "fans" are uneducated. This was hard for me as a diehard Crunch fan (hometown team since I was like 3 years old) and a huge diehard Wings fan. HUGE Nyquist fan, met him and got pics and autographs, great guy.

For the Griffins, Sheahan is definitely going to be good I think, along with Jurco. Whoever builds up Ferraro to be something good I don't think he is that good and was invisible to me. I also have no idea what Babcock sees in Lashoff...

Tatar, my god do I hate him. He is super good, yet couldn't stay up with the Red Wings then absolutely lights up my Crunch:rant:.

Wings younger guys are good, and should be playing over these wash ups on the Wings. They just beat a team 4-2 in a series that was 11-1 in the playoffs. Open your eyes Kenny. If the Crunch were to lose, at least it was against the Griffins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad