GDT: Calder Cup Finals Game 4 | Syracuse Crunch @ Grand Rapids Griffins | June 14 | 7:00

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
jeez did the Crunch get enough chances on the penalty kill to go up two? Mrazek stopped two breakaways and then another right after the guy came out of the box..

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Come on Griffins. I don't even have a game 5 GDT started and there isn't a lot of time to finish one beforehand.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Syracuse was too good to be swept.

But I sort of felt like GR played Syracuse's game here too. Syracuse got under their skin and it's cost them at a few different points. GR needs to get back to their transition game and away from the grinding style.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Syracuse was too good to be swept.

But I sort of felt like GR played Syracuse's game here too. Syracuse got under their skin and it's cost them at a few different points. GR needs to get back to their transition game and away from the grinding style.

Agree, that got sucked in from the second on. The loss of Nyquist also seemed to completely shuffle the lines and not really in a good way.

Detroit Sports*

I only have that little clip to go on, but I figure you'd be able to pick out a suspension-worthy spear on it. Going on that, it doesn't really look like much of anything. If you told me it was a slash instead, I would believe you.

the AHL has no video to review :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
I just got back from the game and man what a game it was. Here are some thoughts I had.

First, the bandwagon fans that bought tickets in hopes to see a cup win were classless jerkwads. They knew nothing about hockey. These idiots were the ones throwing crap on the ice, at the opposing team, and at the officials. What a bunch of classless jerks.

Secondly, the goal judge behind the Crunch net in the 3rd period should be fired. No way that puck went in, and if he didn't hit the goal light button, we had another prime scoring chance in front. What a blunder in the dying moments of the 3rd period.

Lastly, the Griffins did not play well. Syracuse is a championship team with a drive and desire to win. Did the Griffins really expect to play like that and win the game? Seriously? That really was a crappy all around effort, and the better team won tonight.

The Nyquist spear didn't look like anything, and I had a good view of it. The refs see it differently, and you can bet the AHL will look at it. Don't know if he will get suspended, but I would say there is a chance that could happen.

Game 5 tomorrow night! Hopefully without the classless bandwagon fans.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Just got back from the game. Had to drive back 2 hours.... Enjoyed it, got awesome tix b/c my Dad knows a guy that knows Blashill. So I got free tix today so that was cool.

When they tied it up it was amazing. Then... well... bummed out man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad