Confirmed with Link: Cal Foote signed to 3 yr ELC

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Kid had 19 goals this season and added a 20th in the playoffs, but he's not ready to stop just yet. :)

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Had two cringe worthy 5 v 5 shifts. Got the chance to QB the PP a bit ... but we couldn’t really manage to even get in the o-zone. He scored which is a plus but it was off a deflection by one of the baby Devils players, was not a snipe though it was a heavy shot. I’ve seen more impressive debuts before but thought he did well to acclimate to the system in such a short time. Overall his 5 v 5 play was good. Looked like he belonged out there and did not look out of place either physically or positionally. He was not dominant nor generally “impressive” as some high end puck moving defenseman can carry the puck and make long stretch passes tape to tape...and control the game. And generally you see this “willingness” to skate out and take on forecheckers pretty early. He did not really show this type of capacity. I do have to highlight he spent A LOT of time playing LHD instead of of his usual RHD spot. He did not get any PK time that I remember. He showed good defensive IQ picking up assignments and covering for his partners. He also has a good push off ... better first step than I remember from watching him, must have been working on that all year. His skating was strong and he is definitely a people mover and aggressive defenseman ... comparable to Masin and Cernak in that regard. While Masin doesn’t have a strong shot and Cernak cannot hit the net to save his life...think Foote is best of both worlds in that regard so should prove to be a more well rounded defenseman.

Thomas also did not do himself any favors to stay in the lineup as the Crunch went with 7 defenseman. Hope Foote watches a bit of video and he plays tonight again so I can get another good look at him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad