Cage to half visor. Bad idea?

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
You're right, he's just looking to argue for the sake of arguing. The whole thing with neckguards is absurd. One guy every 8 or ten years in the pros sustains a neck injury and he makes neck gurads out to be the next best thing to sliced bread. Then in the next sentence he's slamming mouthguards and telling us that guys who wear cages carry their sticks higher and are more of a threat than guys who wear just visors or no visor at all. Trolling in a row boat with no oars.

:laugh: thanks for the laugh.

Please just read the thread before you make these idiotic posts. Show me where i made neckguards out to be the "next best thing to sliced bread", show me where i "slammed" mouthguards.

And yes i am telling you that guys like you keep your sticks up because you have never learnt to keep them down because you have never had a reason to learn, and it does piss off visor/no protection wearers.

Once again good job! :thumbu:

P.S how many guys in the NHL have lost an eye?

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006

Please just read the thread before you make these idiotic posts. Show me where i made neckguards out to be the "next best thing to sliced bread", show me where i "slammed" mouthguards.

And yes i am telling you that guys like you keep your sticks up because you have never learnt to keep them down because you have never had a reason to learn, and it does piss off visor/no protection wearers.

Thanks for once again showing us what you're made of. PS, I "learnt" a long time ago about keeping my stick on the ice.

Tell us, all-knowing-one, how many NHL'ers have lost an eye?

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller

I don't believe he was saying you said anything about neck guards and mouth guards.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
I don't believe he was saying you said anything about neck guards and mouth guards.

Really?

"he makes neck gurads out to be the next best thing to sliced bread. Then in the next sentence he's slamming mouthguards"

P.S Gino it was a question, i dont know, thats why i was asking. Do you realize you have never answered any of my questions. You dodge around everything throwing insults around.

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller
Really?

"he makes neck gurads out to be the next best thing to sliced bread. Then in the next sentence he's slamming mouthguards"

P.S Gino it was a question, i dont know, thats why i was asking. Do you realize you have never answered any of my questions. You dodge around everything throwing insults around.

Is English your second language. If you read the full sentence he says:

Gino 14 said:
One guy every 8 or ten years in the pros sustains a neck injury and he makes neck gurads out to be the next best thing to sliced bread.

Reading comprehension is key.

blueberrydanish

May 5, 2009
Some issues will never be resolved I think its best all of you just stop posting cause it seems this could go on forever.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
The Gino insults will, I cant figure out how everyone cant agree that wearing a cage/visor doesnt make you a :blackcat: and not wearing a cage/visor doesnt make you an idiot. Whatever you feel comfortable playing in should be good enough.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
I cant figure out how everyone cant agree that wearing a cage/visor doesnt make you a :blackcat: and not wearing a cage/visor doesnt make you an idiot.

It's not what you wear or don't that makes you an idiot, I'll be the first to agree to that, but attitude and stupidity sure seem to help solidify the arguement.

CB, don't whine, that's not pointed at you, I'm actually in partial agreement with you.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
It's not what you wear or don't that makes you an idiot, I'll be the first to agree to that, but attitude and stupidity sure seem to help solidify the arguement.
CB, don't whine, that's not pointed at you, I'm actually in partial agreement with you.

What the hell are you talking about?
Whats not pointed at me? What am i "whining" about? I like having you around, you always make me laugh when you bust into a thread and throw insults around :naughty:

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
I think it is more important to feel comfortable while playing nd wheteher one wears safety stuff or not is a personla choice with no wrong answers.

Example ... a policeman wearing a bullet vest isn't very safe from a head wound but he feels safer doing his job with it on. It would be stupid and silly for him not to wear a vest and I think everyone would agree with that.

My personal view is that the equipment is getting so light that wearing some sort of face protection is now a best bet.

I also know people who wear full face protection do not keep their sticks down and I do not know why it is even being argued in here .... I mean you guys do play ice hockey right? You must know this to be true ... I am always watching my face when jostling with someone for the puck when they have a face cage. You almost have to and get the feeling when jostling with them that they are not being careful.

I can sense it anyway .... doesn't make me an expert or anything. I just change how I handle one of these guys because I get that feeling that they do not care when jostling with them. I just react to it and will even pat them on the chest and say woah woah calm down, we are here for fun watch your stick please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad