Cable alternative to flyers games

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
just wait til Disney + comes ut..if yer interested..another added expense

right now i have Hulu and Netflix(which i really don't use much) and whatever apps let me stream on my TV..so it hasn't been bad yet

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

right now i have Hulu and Netflix(which i really don't use much) and whatever apps let me stream on my TV..so it hasn't been bad yet

Once Disney +is out im cancelling Netflix. 17.00 for Netflix now.

Nov 12th Disney + launches. I'm also investing into Disney. Already have ESPN +

Reactions: trostol

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Bob Iger announced that you can get Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ as a bundle for $12.99.

So that’s cool since I pay more than that already with Hulu and ESPN+.

It's an attractive price. I might do that on Nov 12th.

This is designed to end Netflix. If you have stock in Netflix sell now.

Buy in Disney. Its at 135 a share and going up. Especially with Disney + and all the movies next 8 yrs.

TH1Pool

Apr 22, 2006
Lancaster, PA
I'm seeing a lot of Hulu Live and Youtube TV in here. These are the two I'm torn between. Could I go wrong either way?

I really just want to get Flyers/Sixers (NBCSports Philly) Eagles games + whatever normal national broadcasts I'd see on FOX/ABC/NBC/CBS/FS1/ESPN. Other channels are cool but I'm mostly just a sports and netflix guy.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm seeing a lot of Hulu Live and Youtube TV in here. These are the two I'm torn between. Could I go wrong either way?

I really just want to get Flyers/Sixers (NBCSports Philly) Eagles games + whatever normal national broadcasts I'd see on FOX/ABC/NBC/CBS/FS1/ESPN. Other channels are cool but I'm mostly just a sports and netflix guy.

Assuming you have devices that can stream both, you cant go wrong for what you're looking for.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I pay $145 for the FIOS triple play because I still want a home phone, and that price includes a $10 a month international calling plan.

I also have Amazon Prime, and NetFlix streaming + the Blu-Rays for about $22 a month. I find getting the discs in the mail is still the best way for me to see movies that I didn't see in the theaters. Like Black Klansman which I just watched this week.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
So i called back into Comcast yesterday and the price they gave me a couple days ago was lowered. I ended up getting the Signature Triple Play which was comparible channel line up to what i have now with Showtime, Starz, and Netflix. It also boosted my internet from 250mb to 400mb. It ended up being 150 bucks a month and after taxes/fees 171. This saved me about 30 bucks a month.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
But...why?
I pay $145 for the FIOS triple play because I still want a home phone, and that price includes a $10 a month international calling plan.

I also have Amazon Prime, and NetFlix streaming + the Blu-Rays for about $22 a month. I find getting the discs in the mail is still the best way for me to see movies that I didn't see in the theaters. Like Black Klansman which I just watched this week.

I have home phone with fios as well. Mainly because if I remove it the bill drops 7 bucks, no real savings.

Plus my cell phone sucks inside the house.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

I just did a lot of research on this — Hulu Live & YouTube TV are very similar. But Hulu Live doesn’t have AMC, which is one channel I actually occasionally watch (Better Call Saul; Lodge 49). YouTube Live also has unlimited DVRing. So, for me YouTube Live is worth the $5 more/month.

PlayStation View may be getting NHL Network, which piqued my interest, & has NFL Network at $55/m, but it does not get NBC Sports Philly Plus, which carried 8 games last year.

Fubo does not have ESPN.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I just did a lot of research on this — Hulu Live & YouTube TV are very similar. But Hulu Live doesn’t have AMC, which is one channel I actually occasionally watch (Better Call Saul; Lodge 49). YouTube Live also has unlimited DVRing. So, for me YouTube Live is worth the $5 more/month.

PlayStation View may be getting NHL Network, which piqued my interest, & has NFL Network at $55/m, but it does not get NBC Sports Philly Plus, which carried 8 games last year.

Fubo does not have ESPN.

If Playstation Vue gets NHL Network, that's where i'm going.

Does it have a stand-alone app or do you need a Playstation though? I have a PS4 in basement and PS3 in bedroom but don't have one in the living room.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I was close to switching to youtube tv, then my wife pointed out that they dont offer mtv and she NEEDS it!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Does it have a stand-alone app or do you need a Playstation though? I have a PS4 in basement and PS3 in bedroom but don't have one in the living room.
From what I read you do not need a PS — it has an app.

The Flyers will announce their TV schedule before I have to make my choice, so if there are only a couple games scheduled for NBC Philly+, I’ll probably go Vue if they seem likely to have NHL Network by the WJC.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

Bob Iger announced that you can get Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ as a bundle for $12.99.

So that’s cool since I pay more than that already with Hulu and ESPN+.

I gotta find out if Hulu, Live offeres the local channels and NBCSP and NBCSP+ which I believe they do. I'm pretty sure they offer the national sports FS1 NBCSN , NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB network. Then I'd be set.

with 12.99 being a bundle of Hulu, Disney +, ESPN + I would then cancel Netflix. Also all the content disney has on Netflix will be pulled off netflix Nov 12 for disney +. Also AT&T owns content and will be removing their stuff as they try to launch a streaming service of there own.

Netflix is now 17.00 , Nov will be the end of Netflix.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

Can't wait for PS5, I'll be pre ordering it first thing.

I read it will cost more with the Tarriffs trump is raising, but I don't care.

if I have to pay 1k for ps5 , so be it.

what if I told you, I opened a 4th credit card with a line of 2k, for the sole purpose of getting ps5. I use it right now, once a month just to keep it active. I'll buy about 40 bucks worth of crap then pay 35, leaving 5.

I read best not to completly pay off the card each month.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Can't wait for PS5, I'll be pre ordering it first thing.

I read it will cost more with the Tarriffs trump is raising, but I don't care.

if I have to pay 1k for ps5 , so be it.

what if I told you, I opened a 4th credit card with a line of 2k, for the sole purpose of getting ps5. I use it right now, once a month just to keep it active. I'll buy about 40 bucks worth of crap then pay 35, leaving 5.

I read best not to completly pay off the card each month.

Once you have a good credit score and long established credit history, you don't need to keep a small balance every month to maintain that score. I work in banking :thumbu:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Once you have a good credit score and long established credit history, you don't need to keep a small balance every month to maintain that score. I work in banking :thumbu:

I always pay off my credit card immediately and I have a great credit score

Well I'm rebuilding. I had great credit, in 2015. Then my mom's other half passed, I had to pay her bills on top of my bills. So it was so rough I had to file bankruptcy. Which sucked.

However good news, my credit is back up to 643 and climbing even though the bankruptcy has 8 more yrs left on my report.

I was always told, use no more than 20 to 30% in each card and don't pay it all off. Pay most of it but not all.

I would leave about 20 to 50 balance after each payment.

They said length also aids it. Wish I knew what else to do.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Well I'm rebuilding. I had great credit, in 2015. Then my mom's other half passed, I had to pay her bills on top of my bills. So it was so rough I had to file bankruptcy. Which sucked.

However good news, my credit is back up to 643 and climbing even though the bankruptcy has 8 more yrs left on my report.

I was always told, use no more than 20 to 30% in each card and don't pay it all off. Pay most of it but not all.

Life throws you shitty curveballs unfortunately. I was recently laid off from a great job but luckily I didn't have to file for bankruptcy.

you definitely seem to be doing a great job building it back up though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

If you are rebuilding, then it's definitely good to show activity every month.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
If you are rebuilding, then it's definitely good to show activity every month.
Life throws you ****ty curveballs unfortunately. I was recently laid off from a great job but luckily I didn't have to file for bankruptcy.

you definitely seem to be doing a great job building it back up though.

I been using the Lexington law credit division and 2 items have been removed since june.

The score has gone up by about 40 pts so far. Since I used them.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

I never heard the thing about leaving a balance. I’ve heard that you should aim for around 15% credit utilization, but never heard about leaving a balance as a good thing. I’ve never had loans, which help your credit so long as they’re the good kind and you’re in good standing, yet my credit score is like 785’ish. I put maybe 50 to a 150 on mine every month and pay it off at least twice a month in full.

Length of credit history, including your oldest account, factors in too. Anybody who has no credit history or is trying to rebuild from bad credit should use a secured card at first. I did that and went from nine to great in like six months.

643 isn’t bad per se though so you should be fine as long as it’s trending upward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad