Prospect Info: C Yegor Sharangovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
He really has a knack for using his defender as a screen. Over half of those goals were through or just past the d-man. Combine that with a lightning quick release, and you've got a lot of beaten goalies.

How do defenders adjust to that? Giving him more space? Good luck.

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
Wonder if they give him a shot as the 3C next season? Probably preferable to keep him on Jack's wing.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
This guy reminds me of Kovy... not just his # either.
He's nowhere near as dynamic. Not nearly as fast, hasn't shown the hands or the passing ability to this point. Plays a much simpler game in general.

They are both big bodies who can both skate and shoot though.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That would be pointless, he’s not particularly good defensively and you want him to keep shooting. He’s definitely staying a winger.
I don't know how good he is defensively, but I'm not sure I'd want to judge his ability as a defender when, I would think, the instructions have been to skate up the ice and rip shots. Could he adjust his game to be a defensively solid center? Maybe, but I agree that we shouldn't want that. Keep shooting.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Kids got a heavy shot just above the pads. And if he could learn to do the mogilny dman screen shot through their legs I can not miss mogilny as much as I do. Also it would be nasty as f*** with his hard shot.
Almo's patented cut from the wing to the middle move is why he is one of my all time favorite players. I am still really sad he never made it to the 2000 cup reunion (or for the HHOF, but don't get me started on that).

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Almo's patented cut from the wing to the middle move is why he is one of my all time favorite players. I am still really sad he never made it to the 2000 cup reunion (or for the HHOF, but don't get me started on that).

He needed Gomez to lead him into the reunion then pass the mic to him and it would have worked fine.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
How serious is Yegor's injury, please tell me who.

Who knows. He got punched in the face several times. Might be concussion protocol or maybe he hurt his hand throwing punches. Hard to say. I can say there will be absolutely no rush to get him back into the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->