C Wyatt Schingoethe - Waterloo Blackhawks, USHL (2020, 195th, TOR)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
IIRC correctly, a year ago, it would have been a surprise to see him not make the U17's (he was pretty hyped) - good to see him doing so well after not making the cut. His production is pretty similar to Mastrosimone's production a year ago in his rookie USHL season except that Schingoethe is like 8 months younger (he's young for his class) and he's a solid, thickly built kid.

Looks like he's gonna be one of the best non-USNTDP kids to watch...have you seen him PB? Anybody get a look at what style of game he's been playing in the USHL? He's on a powerful offensive team (then again, so was Mastrosimone last season)...

Kbiko

Jan 20, 2019
IIRC correctly, a year ago, it would have been a surprise to see him not make the U17's (he was pretty hyped) - good to see him doing so well after not making the cut. His production is pretty similar to Mastrosimone's production a year ago in his rookie USHL season except that Schingoethe is like 8 months younger (he's young for his class) and he's a solid, thickly built kid.

Looks like he's gonna be one of the best non-USNTDP kids to watch...have you seen him PB? Anybody get a look at what style of game he's been playing in the USHL? He's on a powerful offensive team (then again, so was Mastrosimone last season)...
I think you need to post a retraction..... HE MAKES THE CUT - offered a full contract with NTDP full contract with OHL tender with Waterloo..... he chooses Waterloo check your facts

Kbiko

Jan 20, 2019
I think you need to post a retraction ..... HE MAKES THE CUT - offered a full contract with NTDP full contract with OHL and tender w/ Waterloo.....he chooses Waterloo CHECK YOUR FACTS

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ease up Mrs. Schingoethe, you’re in such a frenzy you posted the same thing twice in the span of two minutes...it’s not exactly easy to find much more than cursory reports for 15 year old kids online. My apologizes to Wyatt and I’m pretty sure my post was intended to praise an obviously talented young player regardless.

Reactions: JiggsNY

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Ease up Mrs. Schingoethe, you’re in such a frenzy you posted the same thing twice in the span of two minutes...it’s not exactly easy to find much more than cursory reports for 15 year old kids online. My apologizes to Wyatt and I’m pretty sure my post was intended to praise an obviously talented young player regardless.
No, BK, you must retract. How dare you not have inside knowledge of a 15 y.o. 's personal family info. lol

Wyatt's a great player btw, excited to see his career progress.

Kbiko

Jan 20, 2019
No, BK, you must retract. How dare you not have inside knowledge of a 15 y.o. 's personal family info. lol

Wyatt's a great player btw, excited to see his career progress.
My apologies to all I tend to take this stuff personally I just luv my kid new to all this sometimes my emotions get the best of me if he knew I responded he’d kill me UGH THX 4 even thinkin of him

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
No worries I’m sure it’s a weird and perhaps unsettling feeling if you are a parent, family member or close friend of a young hockey player who is being talked about by random people, mostly grown adults, on some Internet forum.

I think as long as people keep it positive when taking about and observing these young players, it’s all good. Although it can get icky as they get older and involved in more higher profile events - as the recent World Juniors proved, probably best to avoid Twitter

Your correction was absolutely warranted by the way and I’d definitely want people to know if they were talking about my son or daughter. He may be embarrassed now by your posting but in the long run he’ll realize how you proud you feel. So don’t get too weirded out by this place and here’s to all the best for Wyatt in chasing his dreams!

Last edited:

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
My apologies to all I tend to take this stuff personally I just luv my kid new to all this sometimes my emotions get the best of me if he knew I responded he’d kill me UGH THX 4 even thinkin of him
No worries, best of luck to you and Wyatt. Gonna be an exciting next few years

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
if you are going to let posts hit you in the feels

this is the lassssssttttt board you want to be on.;)

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
At one point about 3 years ago this kid was discussed as one of top 02’s in the world. Dylan Peterson, Wyatt Schingoethe, Quinton Byfield. Amazing how much can change in 36 months. That Chicago Mission team waa stacked w Schingoethe, Kyle Aucoin, Landon Slaggert. Jacob Perreault.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
At one point about 3 years ago this kid was discussed as one of top 02’s in the world. Dylan Peterson, Wyatt Schingoethe, Quinton Byfield. Amazing how much can change in 36 months. That Chicago Mission team waa stacked w Schingoethe, Kyle Aucoin, Landon Slaggert. Jacob Perreault.

It just kind of highlights the silliness of having "top" players at 14. For some guys like McDavid it's obvious, but for most of the guys a lot is going to change and not for the better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad