C/W Yegor Spiridonov - HK Sochi, KHL (2019, 108th, SJS)

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Outside of Hughes and the WHL boys, he's my favourite prospect in this upcoming draft and I didn't see a thread for him.

He skates really well, has ridiculous puck control, and a greasy looking wrister. He's certainly one to watch.

29152.jpg

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Most impressive/unexpected thing from the handful of games I've watched is how defensively responsible he is as a center and how that gives his winger Dorofeyev more freedom to go down low.

Sometimes I do think he's slightly too conservative in the offensive zone (and he often kinda just glides back into the neutral zone when he doesn't need to) but seeing that kind of maturity in an 17 year old's game is impressive.

Seems like a fairly safe bet to be a 40-50 point two-way center if he's committed to playing in North America, but there's more potential than that.

Last edited:

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Most impressive/unexpected thing from the handful of games I've watched is how defensively responsible he is as a center and how that gives his winger Dorofeyev more freedom to go down low.

Sometimes I do think he's slightly too conservative in the offensive zone (and he often kinda just glides back into the neutral zone when he doesn't need to) but seeing that kind of maturity in an 17 year old's game is impressive.

Seems like a fairly safe bet to be a 40-50 point two-way center if he's committed to playing in North America, but there's more potential than that.

Agreed. He reminds me of Brett Howden in that he has everything you want in a player (especially a C) except that elite offensive ability. I do think his skating could be better but he glides around so much it looks worse than it is and I'd love to see him drive the net more but these are all minor things.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Seems to be underrated to me, should probably go top 15 but people aren't talking about him in that regard.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
He gets slept on so heavily. Not only is the toolbox there (his puck protection skills are otherworldly) but the guy's nearly a PPG in the MHL, not an easy thing to do.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Seems to be underrated to me, should probably go top 15 but people aren't talking about him in that regard.

I love everything about him except his shot, it doesn't look top tier like so many of his other qualities. His possession game is very good, and he is incredibly intelligent. I mean it, this guy is a brain on the ice. Reminds me of Tierney in that regard but his puck skills are way better. And Tierney was a guy who basically made the NHL and found a home based purely on his skating and intelligence.

I think he's a guy I would gamble on in the 20's, but he'll more likely go in the 2nd round similar to guys like Kuch, Korshkov, Ishakov. It'll be interesting to see the Kucherov effect at the draft with GM's, as a lot of GM's seem to parrot what's hot and what's working (especially if Tampa wins the cup) if that happens he could go earlier because I think Spiridonov is this years Kucherov where a few other Russians are getting a bit more praise but this guy is the one really catching the deep league watchers attention.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For two players with some similarities in how they play the game, I don't think its a coincidence that Spiridonov is having a very good season and Guskov isn't. Spiridonov will likely be drafted a lot higher, despite Guskov being considered the much better player a year ago.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Any relation to Maxim Spirodonov from the London Knights in the late 90s?

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Despite my preference for Dorofeyev, Spiridonov has been that line's best player in Stalnye Lisy's first two games in the series. He's a beast along the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad