C/W Valentin Nussbaumer - EHC Biel/Bienne, NLA (2019, 207th, ARI)

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I think this guy deserves his own thread. Hes born in late 2000 and therefore a 2019 draft eligible and already playing in the swiss mens league scoring 4 goals in 13 games. He also had a pretty good Ivan Hlinka tournament this year and was the best player on a rather weak swiss team. If he develops well i think he could be a later first round pick in 2019. I could also see him making the swiss WJC team this year...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=332479

Last edited:

Belenos

Dec 31, 2010
Biel, Switzerland
Nussbaumer apparently wants to stay in Biel for the upcoming season. I am quite surprised, but he will get enough quality ice time and play against men.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
As Biel's team is stacked up front next year, Nussbaumer might choose to go overseas for the upcoming season.

I think he should look into that possibility because I doubt that Törmänen sees him as a core roster player for next season. He only played about two or three games after his return from the WJC. I'm generally a bit worried about his development, as he wasn't very noticable at the U18 WJC and couldn't to dominate the swiss junior A playoffs. I hope he doesn't start to stagnate like Eggenberger etc.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I've been following his development for over a year now. He didn't have the most impressive season stats wise but he was one of the youngest players in the Swiss league. If I had to rank the upcoming forward talent coming out of the NLA it would be:

Marco Rossi

Nussbaumer

Eggenberger

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
He's moving to the Shawinigan Cataractes of the QMJHL for next year. Shawinigan picked him 4th overall in the import draft.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
3 points tonight.

7 points in the last 4 games (4 goals, 3 assist). He's been heating up.

Reactions: QJL

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
He looked like his former self again at the end of the U20 WC compared to the beginning, when he played without any confidence and looked like a hot mess.

Im glad he seems to be able to conservate his form and transfer it back into the QMJHL.

If he keeps this up, he should crawl up the Draft lists again to where he started this season (20th - 35th position) and where he properly belongs talentwise.

It's a good example what can happen to euro players, when they choose the wrong CHL-team at the wrong time. (I know technically it's a draft...)
Losing all the games and eventually losing the confidence.

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
Does anyone know how he finished out the year? Is he likely do to be drafted?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad