C/W Senna Peeters - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2020 undrafted)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Kinda surprised that no one has made a thread yet about this player.
Seems to be (again) one of those players who has been kinda left out from the talks.

79-peeters,-senna-(5).jpg

Position: Center (has been on/off winger and center in the preseason)
Height: 6 foot 1
Weight: 180 pounds
Shoots: Left
Birthdate: 2002-06-14
Birthplace: Deurne, Belgium
Draft: 2019 48th overall (Halifax Mooseheads)
Current Team: Halifax Mooseheads,QMJHL

Has been killing it in the preseason, 4 goals 2 assists in 4 preseason games

10-9-2019 7-54-32.jpg

Reactions: d rake

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
In preseason he's been on a line with Marcel Barinka and Samuel Dube, who were all teammates at one point for Red Bull Salzburg in 2017-18, so the chemistry is pretty good straight out the gate. That can only help the kid.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
2+1=3 | 5 SOG | played as a winger
- so far in 5 preseason games: 6 goals, 3 assists, 9 points | -1 | 6 PIM | 2 PPG 2 PPA 4 PPP | 1 SHG

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
No. Peeters is very common last name in the Belgium and Netherlands region.
Maybe not in the same ballpark what Smith is in English speaking countries, but nevertheless.

In Antwerp where both of the players are from people typically have this kind of patronymic names and Peeters is the most common of them all. But it's quite localized in Flanders and in the Netherlands it wouldn't be as typical. Anyway what you can assume is that both of them and Pete Peeters had a distant ancestor called Peter in Flanders, not necessarily the same guy.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Love his shot and speed, has a high IQ and playing for selects hockey academy was such a highly smart move for his development over to the North American style hockey. Will need to work on his physical game but he’s overall very comfortable with Halifax and could be a very good pickup for the team. Surprised he isn’t on the Draft Radar. Would be amazing to see him make Belgium proud. This first half will be pretty big for him playing with veterans and former teammates. The Dube/Barinka/Peeters line has already looked to have a lot of good chemistry and I guarantee Peeters will be a top guy on the power play. He joined the right team at the right time. Can’t wait to see how he does throughout the season! Won’t be the prettiest season for Halifax but will be again a great place to play this season. #GoMooseGo !!!

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Nice hard accurate shot. Even though half his goals are banging in rebounds a lot of kids at this level have a hard time with that. Good skater quick hands. Constantly blows the zone way to early and has no defensive game to speak of. This years coaching staff is far inferior to last year. I think it will hurt him becoming a complete player. Danault coaching reminds me of Midgley a couple years back. More run and gun. Wish him the best. Hope he scores a lot. I guess he might be on some scouts radar but I wouldn’t make the trip to Halifax just to see him.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
surpised no one didnt post this 2 goals by him

[

Ya he had a couple pretty goals the other night after taking a benching to heart. Took a shift with the 4th line and finally showed a bit of grit. Kid could be a good one. Long reach above average speed good shot and good at knocking in rebounds. Having some consistency issues. Finds it hard to clear the puck from his zone. Looks like it’s coming though. I was a little down on him early but thinking now he’s gonna settle in quite well as a secondary scorer. Hard to tell this early if his line mates are helping or hurting him. That’s up to the coaching staff to remedy. There’s still a lot of good players on the Mooseheads squad this year.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
On what grounds can Senna Peeters get an Austrian passport?, i have no clue on Austrian laws, so i'm asking.
Born in Belgium, i presume both of his parents are Belgium nationalities.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
On what grounds can Senna Peeters get an Austrian passport?, i have no clue on Austrian laws, so i'm asking.
Born in Belgium, i presume both of his parents are Belgium nationalities.

They are. And Senna was born and raised in Antwerp, before he left for Germany (and later Austria) to pursue hockey. I believe his dad is a coach in Austria as well.

I assume he wants to play international hockey at some point as well, so it would make sense to get another passport. Belgian icehockey has no real future so would be pretty pointless to play for them.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
They are. And Senna was born and raised in Antwerp, before he left for Germany (and later Austria) to pursue hockey. I believe his dad is a coach in Austria as well.

I assume he wants to play international hockey at some point as well, so it would make sense to get another passport. Belgian icehockey has no real future so would be pretty pointless to play for them.

How is he suppose to get it????. That's my question. It's not like Senna lived very long in Austria, 1 junior hockey season. - while playing hockey, not actually living in Austria

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad