C/W Joshua "Josh" Davies, Swift Current Broncos, WHL (2022, 186th, FLA)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
The reason for creating this thread; just noticed that he is leading the WHL rookies in penalty minutes
115 penalty minutes this season. (was leading the entire WHL less than two weeks ago)
- 4 fighting majors

no idea is he any good of a prospect and today was when i first learned that he even existed but,
has 16 goals (3rd most among Broncos), 36 points (4th most among Broncos)
in 63 games in his rookie season, with 139 shots on goal.

5 foot 10 / 200 lbs / Ardrie, AB, Canada / 18 (2004/03/24)

1649481040963.png

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The reason for creating this thread; just noticed that he is leading the WHL rookies in penalty minutes
115 penalty minutes this season. (was leading the entire WHL less than two weeks ago)
- 4 fighting majors

no idea is he any good of a prospect and today was when i first learned that he even existed but,
has 16 goals (3rd most among Broncos), 36 points (4th most among Broncos)
in 63 games in his rookie season, with 139 shots on goal.

5 foot 10 / 200 lbs / Ardrie, AB, Canada / 18 (2004/03/24)

View attachment 528708
I’m a big fan. He looks to make an impact physically on every single shift. Always scanning for an opportunity to lay a big hit. And when he commits to a check, he makes it count. Always puts everything he has into his hits. A real throw back player. Liam Arnsby in the OHL is another similar player. Arnsby is North Bay’s captain, plays center, and is a very good shut down player. So he has other things to focus on. Davies is a winger and can be a bit more single minded. I’m a big fan of both kids.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I’m a big fan. He looks to make an impact physically on every single shift. Always scanning for an opportunity to lay a big hit. And when he commits to a check, he makes it count. Always puts everything he has into his hits. A real throw back player. Liam Arnsby in the OHL is another similar player. Arnsby is North Bay’s captain, plays center, and is a very good shut down player. So he has other things to focus on. Davies is a winger and can be a bit more single minded. I’m a big fan of both kids.

Interesting to see how his career develops

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Davies started off the year as just a physical force but there are tools above and beyond that I think make him a real NHL prospect. He is a great skater, owns a good shot and has some puck skills too. His biggest weakness imo is hockey IQ but even that seems to have developed a decent amount over the year. There is potential there and would not be surprised if he has a mini-breakout offensively next year.

If my team takes him 4th round or later I'm not mad at it. Think he has an outside shot at being a Cal Clutterbuck type player in the nhl.

NYRfan

Nov 26, 2016
He seems to have found his offensive touch this year in Portland. What's the realistic pro upside for Davies? Middle 6 energy winger who's gonna throw a ton of hits but can score a little? Or are we looking at a possible super-pest who's a legit top 6 winger?

Admittedly, I haven't watched any of his games and am strictly stat-watching, but the pace he's on right now is somewhat eye-popping given how good, not great, his numbers were last year in Swift Current.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad