C/W Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Ässät, Liiga (2018, 3rd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Well, using @manny_hockey's league conversion factors(like NHLe), I'll check how Kotkaniemi compares to the top 5 forwards picked:
Andrei Svechnikov: 20.8p in 82 games
Jesperi Kotkaniemi: 19.6p in 82 games
Filip Zadina: 18.6p in 82 games
Brady Tkachuk: 10.9p in 82 games
Barrett Hayton: 12.3p in 82 games

So in that light Kotkaniemi's draft season should have been the best(at that draft slot), using his NHL conversion factors.

Not all of these stats are equal. Both Zadina and Tkachuk are almost a year older than Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Not all of these stats are equal. Both Zadina and Tkachuk are almost a year older than Kotkaniemi.
Yep. I'd like to know the methodology. I've always said that NHLe underestimates Liiga in comparison to the other leagues and here Liiga's weighed almost twice as highly in comparison to leagues like OHL as in the usual NHLe conversion factor charts I've seen. Which does seem more accurate.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Yep. I'd like to know the methodology. I've always said that NHLe underestimates Liiga in comparison to the other leagues and here Liiga's weighed almost twice as highly in comparison to leagues like OHL as in the usual NHLe conversion factor charts I've seen. Which does seem more accurate.
I'd like to see such a chart. Just checked SM-Liiga stats from last years and when i saw some Charles Bertrand as top goal scorer, i wasnt impressed. Got worse with 42 yrs old Eric Perrin 4th in scoring. Yikes. I understand he played against men but... Expected more impressive names.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I'd like to see such a chart. Just checked SM-Liiga stats from last years and when i saw some Charles Bertrand as top goal scorer, i wasnt impressed. Got worse with 42 yrs old Eric Perrin 4th in scoring. Yikes. I understand he played against men but... Expected more impressive names.
....isn't this the case with every single league outside of NHL? What a dumb assessment.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Eric Perrin had 100 carreer points. Most drafted players don't get to do this. Not to mention the league at the time was not favorising players his size. I'm not surprise he is doing well in other league. He's 4th in GOAL scoring, not top 4 in scoring - he is not even top 10. I don't like cherry picking data.

Vesalainen has 1 goal less than Perrin, I guess he's gonna be a bust :huh:

Reactions: Yasuo and jfhabs

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Who cares where he was ranked? Hell, where a player is drafted should stop mattering right after the draft.

I still remember when people said Vegas got fleeced when they traded for Ferguson because he's a 7th round pick, despite the fact he was one of the best goalies in the WHL in his draft year. So by that logic should Dallas trade Benn for a 2019 fifth round pick? Pretty much like you said, a prospect's value is what a team values him at, not where he was drafted. His draft ranking stops mattering the day after the draft.

Reactions: Elias The Wand

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Well, using @manny_hockey's league conversion factors(like NHLe), I'll check how Kotkaniemi compares to the top 5 forwards picked:
Andrei Svechnikov: 20.8p in 82 games
Jesperi Kotkaniemi: 19.6p in 82 games
Filip Zadina: 18.6p in 82 games
Brady Tkachuk: 10.9p in 82 games
Barrett Hayton: 12.3p in 82 games

So in that light Kotkaniemi's draft season should have been the best(at that draft slot), using his NHL conversion factors.

These seems very dubious, but it also shows how awful Brady Tkachuk is, so I'm gonna believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->