C/W Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Ässät, Liiga (2018, 3rd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
The Habs should get the player they think is the best with the 3rd round pick this year. If you look at the Habs team they should be in rebuild mode for a couple of more years. If they really want Kotkaniemi they should trade MaxP for a draftpick+ or trade some of the 2nd rounders to a higher pick. Next years drafr have better center depth than this one with probably 3 centers in the top 5 and if they are lucky they might get 1st overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acadien86

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I know its hard to say but do you see Kotkaniemi being at Pettersson's level (ceiling wise)??
He would need to do what Petterson did, but in the Finnish league.
He has the potential for sure. But idk if he will do it.

Edit: misread question

Ceiling wise, probably not Pettersson level but he's probably a safer prospect with less bust potential than Pettersson

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Whatever answer do you expect from a Swede?

That he suddenly admits and says a Finn is better?

No way, that ever never gonna happen. That's the brutal truth.

Stiff upper lip ... or rather noose ... that's the way it goes in Nordic hockey. Sweden thinx they're the top dogs; and that forever and ever.

Even if JYP Jyväskylä beat them (Växjö) in the CHL-final on their hometurf.

Pettersson ain't no bad hockey player, pretty much the best of the lot in SHL actually. But that doesn't mean nada in the long run. When the goin' gets rough and tough. He were a no show player in the World championships.

And if Sweden want to spit straight on Finlands face - I think pimpled-face Rasmus Dahlin is way too overrated. I've seen him play ... and he ain't a nowaday Reijo Ruotsalainen if ya know what I mean.

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
largeimage-m6034.jpg

PittsburghHustlers

Jan 9, 2017
Stockholm

Stiff upper lip ... or rather noose ... that's the way it goes in Nordic hockey. Sweden thinx they're the top dogs; and that forever and ever.

Pettersson ain't no bad hockey player, pretty much the best of the lot in SHL actually. But that doesn't mean nada in the long run. When the goin' gets rough and tough. He were a no show player in the World championships.

And if Sweden want to spit straight on Finlands face - I think pimpled-face Rasmus Dahlin is way too overrated. I've seen him play ... and he ain't a nowaday Reijo Ruotsalainen if ya know what I mean.

Haha, relax man.

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden

Pretty sure he's Canucks-fan and not a swede. And you're right about Dahlin not being a Ruotsalainen, because he's more talented than Ruotsalainen ever was. How can you even compare the 2 with Dahlin only being 18?

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014

Settle down Bertha, I'm not Swedish. Also 3 points in 5 games as a 19 year old = no show? You also obviously didn't watch him play because he controlled play every game and made great plays. But I wouldn't expect much neutrality from a fin

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Pretty sure he's Canucks-fan and not a swede. And you're right about Dahlin not being a Ruotsalainen, because he's more talented than Ruotsalainen ever was. How can you even compare the 2 with Dahlin only being 18?

The day Rasmus Dahlin lifts heavy silver like this in Buffalo - that'll be the day I'm gonna believe you.

Ah, but why do I even care to bother!?

You haven't seen Reijo Ruotsalainen playin' his splendid game. Oh, boy!

The only thing I wanna say Canada is this: even today I have a pic of Jari Kurri, Esa Tikkanen and Reijo Ruotsalainen(!) on my locker-room door at my work surrounding the Stanley Cup silverware 1990.

Rasmus Dahlin ... and even Canada you have a long way to go ...

finnish-ice-hockey-player-reijo-ruotsalainen-of-the-edmonton-oilers-picture-id78300480

Last edited:

PlusMinusZero

Sep 19, 2014
Sastamala
The day Rasmus Dahlin lifts heavy silver like this in Buffalo - that'll be the day I'm gonna believe you.

The only thing I wanna say Canada is this: even today I have a pic of Jari Kurri, Esa Tikkanen and Reijo Ruotsalainen(!) on my locker-room door at my work surrounding the Stanley Cup silverware 1990.

finnish-ice-hockey-player-reijo-ruotsalainen-of-the-edmonton-oilers-picture-id78300480
You probably should sit this one out,relax take a beer or do something that calms you down.

Petterson is a better prospect than Kotkaniemi, that's a fact.And I really can't understand why you compared Dahlin to Ruotsalainen, his Gretzky era cups doesn't make him better than Dahlin.

Last edited:
Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden

Yeah Dahlin is such a bust for not having won a Stanley Cup at the age of 18.. oh wait that's not even possible. You're comparing two different players playing in different hockey eras. Teams happen to score much less now compared to the 80s.

I don't feel the need to rep my country's players. Im a Canucksfan first and i don't see the point in defending every single swedish player getting dissed on these boards, but it's not that hard to understand why people rate Dahlin. He's got all you're looking for in a defenseman today, with no apparent weakness that could potentially hold him back from being a great defenseman. He's got the upside to be one of the best defensemen in this league, a guy who could win Norris trophies, and if you don't agree with that, then i don't know what to say.

As for him having to win a Stanley Cup, there's a lot of great players who never got the chance to lift one. Nowadays, it's harder than ever with the salary cap in place. You don't have to win a cup in order to have a great career.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

One of the dumbest arguments ive seen in awhile.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015

Lmao what? he was honest and gentle about it. It's not even a controversial opinion to say that Pettersson seems better so far :laugh:

Reactions: Hockeyisl1fe

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017

This post gets a big yikes from this finnish poster, YIKES.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Perfect pick for Caps with the 12th they are getting from Islanders.

His name (w Eagle) should be a prophecy.

Please..

Last edited:

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
So......... Habs fans, do you take him at #3?

I think he's in the mix. Personally I'd favor one of Zadina, Kotkaniemi or Dobson with the 1st round pick. If the Habs can trade down a couple of spots and still get the top guy they want I'd also fully support that move. Four 2nd round picks is nice, five would be even nicer!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I've never seen a 5'6" guy shoot the puck like Ruostalainen (spelling) did. Every slapper he ever took sounded like a canon. The guy defied the laws of physics with that shot.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Not a well liked Canucks fan tho, even if hes finally right about something because the counter argument was so stupid

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
So......... Habs fans, do you take him at #3?

I would still take Zadina over him. I might be wrong here but isnt he more of a winger than a pure center?

If hes a pure center projected to be a stong 2c with a potential to be a 1C than I might changed my mind. Im just unsure what to expect from him. Im just afraid of another Galchenyuk-Drouin type of player who plays centet but better suited as a winger. I know what to expect from Zadina.

In the end, I wouldnt be disappointed if the Habs pick him at #3 but I really dislike skipping on a more talented player for a team need.

izi

Apr 16, 2017
I would still take Zadina over him. I might be wrong here but isnt he more of a winger than a pure center?

If hes a pure center projected to be a stong 2c with a potential to be a 1C than I might changed my mind. Im just unsure what to expect from him. Im just afraid of another Galchenyuk-Drouin type of player who plays centet but better suited as a winger. I know what to expect from Zadina.

In the end, I wouldnt be disappointed if the Habs pick him at #3 but I really dislike skipping on a more talented player for a team need.

He's said earlier that his position is center. He only played winger this season because he was so young enter liiga and projects to play center in Ässäts top 6 next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->