C/W Janne Kuokkanen (2016, 43rd, CAR; traded to NJD)

The Faulker

Dec 1, 2013
Can someone give me the scoop on this guy? Just from reading the comments on here he seems like a possible steal.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Can someone give me the scoop on this guy? Just from reading the comments on here he seems like a possible steal.

Here's something (based on McKenzies final report and a little fixes and opinions by me):

A sneaky, highly skilled center with very good playmaking abilities and hands who is able to score. Has ability to play at high pace and can quickly take advantage of opportunities. Can also play left wing if needed to. Has TOP 6 potential.

Projection: "NO.2 Offensive Forward"

Comparable player: Jonathan Huberdeau

Hockey Sense: 5/5
Competitiveness: 4/5
Skating: 4/5
Hands: 4/5
Goal Scoring: 3,5/5

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Ron Francis and our director of scouting Tony MacDonald also made the Aho comparison. Harri Aho said he needs two years before jumping to NHL. Joni's doing work for us over in Oulu.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
No Marjamäki coaching at Kärpät this time, I doubt his improvement will be like Aho's.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Glad to see Kuokkanen found the best home in the CHL. Hopefully he leads the defending champs to another Memorial Cup!

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
Great news! Though I think choosing between Kärpät and London Knights is a win-win type of deal to a prospect like him. Man I really wanted badly for Florida to pick this guy in the second round.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Little bit surprised since he recently signed an extension in Kärpät iirc, but will be fun to watch him in London.

Tkachuk-Kuokkanen-Pu new top line?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Little bit surprised since he recently signed an extension in Kärpät iirc, but will be fun to watch him in London.

Tkachuk-Kuokkanen-Pu new top line?

Knights are absolutely stacked again (assuming Roslovic also signs). Them and Windsor should be battling it out. My guess is Kuokannen will be the center, and Roslovic plays RW, just due to the imbalance unless Marner returns.

Tkachuk-Kuokannen-Roslovic
Jones-Pu-Piccinich (maybe comes back as an OA)

Their D-core was also fairly young last year, this year it will be a year older with some additional talent added. Both Bouchard and Blacker are projected as 1st rounders, Mete and Mattinen were drafted and Juolevi was a top 5 pick.

Juolevi-Mete
Bouchard-Blacker
Mattinen-Crawley

This team will likely balance minutes a bit more, especially power play time.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Oh London, they seem to be building quite the team again even though they are losing lot of talent.

Going to be great to watch how Kuokkanen does in London.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Oh London, they seem to be building quite the team again even though they are losing lot of talent.

Going to be great to watch how Kuokkanen does in London.
Last years team, particularly on D was surprisingly young. The big loss is obviously Dvorak and most likely Marner. Losing Berisha will also hurt. Granted, if Van and Calgary both keep Juolevi and Tkachuk (which I don't think would be smart) the team's chance at repeating will be significantly diminished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->