C/W Ivan Morozov - Spartak Moscow, KHL (2018, 61st, VGK)

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Manninen is most likely planned for a 3rd line role, signed at league min.

Which leaves a 3rd line role Vegas would rather want a prospect step up to the plate than play Amadio/Kolesar.
Yeah I forgot about him. We’ll just have to see how he does. Not many 30+ year old euro/Russian players are able to make an impact at the NHL level. He’ll get a look. But, I think Brisson and Dorofeyev are ahead in the depth chart.

Kolesar isn’t going anywhere at $1.4 mil. He had a good year as well.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah I forgot about him. We’ll just have to see how he does. Not many 30+ year old euro/Russian players are able to make an impact at the NHL level. He’ll get a look. But, I think Brisson and Dorofeyev are ahead in the depth chart.

Kolesar isn’t going anywhere at $1.4 mil. He had a good year as well.
Kolesar is not a third liner. He hits, fights(though he's average at it and doesn't fight quite as often as the others of his ilk), and can block a shot. Not really good defensively, and his only offensive trait is getting himself open. Funny thing is that as a prospect he was viewed as a goalscorer, but he's, well, not. Kind of a worse Ryan Reaves.

Vegas likes paying 4th liners money with term(an example on the roster is Carrier got the same contract plus a year).

Amadio makes more sense in a top 9 role as he's more dynamic. But you wouldn't want either there.

If no prospect is ready for Vegas I'd say the better option would be to complete the 3rd line with Howden and try out prospects like Rondbjerg, Leschyshyn, etc. at 4C. Vegas' 4th line has historically been easy to play on.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
That's typical Ivan Morozov. The guy has a lot of talent, but if something doesn't go his way he will stop playing and start looking for a new team...

Reactions: hn777

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Bumping this because Morozov is absolutely cooking with Spartak right now. 24 points in 21 games and appears to be centering the hottest line in the KHL with Goldobin and Poryadin. Goldobin is leading the KHL in scoring rate by a pretty huge margin so maybe some of this is being able to pass to a guy who is looking lethal back in the KHL but still pretty impressive stuff from the 23 year-old. He's on loan from Vegas but his contract is up in June. Wonder if the Knights extend him for another look - otherwise he could be a very hot KHL import commodity for other NHL teams next summer.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad