C/W Ivan Morozov - Spartak Moscow, KHL (2018, 61st, VGK)

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I don't know the answer but if I'm not mistaken Morozov is one of the most common last names in Russia.
I believe you are correct, but whenever I hear the name I immediately think of the 95 draft.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Ivan Morozov has been very noticeable both in the MHL and for Russia U18 NT with his skillset and 200ft game, which makes me think that he will be picked somewhere in the mid part of the draft and rather higher than lower.

Ep link: Ivan D. Morozov

I really liked what I've read and seen. Hope the Leafs can get him in the 5th or 6th round.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I will be quite surprised if he falls lower than 4th round, maybe only if he won't look good at the U18 WJC.

Fourth round then. I figured that not a lot of teams scout Russia well. It's difficult logistically. Plus the "Russian factor." I mean I have no idea how Garikov fell so far in his draft year, and to a lesser extent Kaprizov. I had both on my want list for the 4th round.

On talent alone I'd take him late 3rd/early 4th.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
He looks great in these clips. Curious to see where he ends up going in the draft. Wouldn't mind the Oilers taking a flyer on him in the mid rounds if he's available.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
This kid is going to tear up the MHL this year. I’m not sure how the lines will check up, but he’s on the same team as Podkolzin and Marchenko. That could be a destructive forward core.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Well, if he will be very good in the VHL pre-season, there will be no reason to send him down to the MHL at least for the time being.
I would have figured that they would send him down anyways, but I guess he could take a step up.

Spezza90

May 11, 2017
Scored SKA first goal of the season on 13:53 ice time. Other stats include 1 shot 1 hit and a 64% face off win percentage 9 wins of 14 draws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad