C/W Dmitriy Voronkov (2019, 114th, CBJ)

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
Love to watch him play. This guy has a lot more offense in the tank that what the general consensus suggested. He will be a force to wreckon with once he crosses the pond.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
“Best players

Dmitry Voronkov
68 games, 29 (13+16) points
Kazan’s main hero this season was Dmitry Voronkov. The 20-years-old forward tied Mikhail Glukhov for the second-most games played in the season and has shown to be a complete player who can be helpful in any situation. In the playoffs, Voronkov was the MVP for Ak Bars, almost getting the team to the finals after a double in game five and 3 (1+2) points in game seven, which played with a broken jaw after blocking a shot in game six. He was the team’s top scorer in the elimination games with 10 (6+4) points and was awarded Best forward honors at the Conference finals stage. At only 20!”

@Caser how is this guy progressing? Seems pretty good! I don’t think he’s being talked about enough as far as overseas prospects go

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
“Best players

Dmitry Voronkov
68 games, 29 (13+16) points
Kazan’s main hero this season was Dmitry Voronkov. The 20-years-old forward tied Mikhail Glukhov for the second-most games played in the season and has shown to be a complete player who can be helpful in any situation. In the playoffs, Voronkov was the MVP for Ak Bars, almost getting the team to the finals after a double in game five and 3 (1+2) points in game seven, which played with a broken jaw after blocking a shot in game six. He was the team’s top scorer in the elimination games with 10 (6+4) points and was awarded Best forward honors at the Conference finals stage. At only 20!”

@Caser how is this guy progressing? Seems pretty good!

Not sure how I can comment on his progress when it's July and the KHL camps have just recently started, something like that I guess:

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
If he is made captain, does that impact his thoughts on the NHL? CBJ clearly hoping to sign him after his current deal. Certainly looks like he could play in nhl now

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If he is made captain, does that impact his thoughts on the NHL? CBJ clearly hoping to sign him after his current deal. Certainly looks like he could play in nhl now

It was only for a pre-season game. Also expect him to miss some games from now on.

D-Voronkov.jpg

Reactions: Hollel and FlyguyOX

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I'm not sure what the disconnect is. After next season, he is still under contract for another season.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I'm not sure what the disconnect is. After next season, he is still under contract for another season.

The only disconnect is you thinking I don't know the staus of this players contract and distinguishing the difference between this season and next season :confused:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Can we get confirmation from a Russian speaker on this - has Kazan named Voronkov captain?

I saw a tweet from Ak Bars saying something like that but I just want to be sure.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Can we get confirmation from a Russian speaker on this - has Kazan named Voronkov captain?

I saw a tweet from Ak Bars saying something like that but I just want to be sure.

And I believe he was made captain for the year but tweets can be difficult in translating

It was discussed in this thread just a few posts above. How are you guys falling for this? It's pre-season. Teams are not playing their top rosters. He was named captain for one pre-season game in absence of the usual suspects.

He is at this age far from regular basis captaincy on AkBars.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It was discussed in this thread just a few posts above. How are you guys falling for this? It's pre-season. Teams are not playing their top rosters. He was named captain for one pre-season game in absence of the usual suspects.

He is at this age far from regular basis captaincy on AkBars.

That's what I thought, then I was confused by the tweet from the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad