C/W Cole Sillinger - Sioux Falls Stampede, USHL (2021, 12th, CBJ)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I was surprised that Cole Sillinger didn't have his own thread.
--------

Cole Sillinger, son of former NHL:er Mike Sillinger (240g+308a=548pts)

C
5 foot 11
175 lbs

2003-05-16
Regina,SK

Cole is making his WHL debut this season, he has had a strong pre season so far
3 goals 1 assist in 2 games.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He's still too young to play the full season in the WHL though.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Oh? I didn't know that there was a age factor in the CHL.
How many games he is allowed to play then?.

5 games unless their midget team's season has ended in which case they can play more ( eg Kirby Dach played 19 before his first full official WHL season last season ) .

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He destroyed Midget AAA last year and looks very polished early on this year. Already has a big role on the team so could maybe put up similar numbers as Zary did last year in his draft-1. The 2018 WHL draft is looking very promising for producing high end NHL talent

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Potential high pick for next years draft, has been the most impressive 16 year old in the WHL so far for me. Looks like a veteran out there with a great understanding of the game. Really well rounded already with great skating and skill. Also has an absolute bomb of a one timer and great vision making him a major powerplay threat. Playing on the first line and first PP so far and is already driving play. Wouldn't be shocked if Sillinger managed to score at a point per game pace over the course of the year.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He looks to be even better than his dad... I could see him playing for thirteen, maybe even fourteen teams.

Mike "Suitcase" Sillinger is a good friend of my dads. I'm definitely going to let my dad know to tell him this next time they talk.

Reactions: Dominance

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Cole seems to be flying under many peoples radar. Can anyone that’s been watching him give a comparable player? I haven’t seen him but I’m sort of picturing Gallagher for some reason

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Cole seems to be flying under many peoples radar. Can anyone that’s been watching him give a comparable player? I haven’t seen him but I’m sort of picturing Gallagher for some reason

I see Gallagher too, only putting up 70-80+ points instead of 50-60.

Not that he's small, but it'll be interesting to see if he grows over the next 2 years, and how much.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I haven't had a good look at a lot of the 2021 class, but holy hell this is a prospect right here. I first saw this prospect last year when he played in the WCG, and then again in the WHL playoffs, and he looked great, and I could understand the high bantam selection, but seeing archived footage this evening, I couldn't believe he was a 16 year old. He looks fantastic. I'd argue he has more offensive capabilities and is better in the offensive zone at that age than Dach, Reinhart or some of the other big WHL kids.

This is a player to watch; he has a great shot, very good passing, and good (but not elite) speed despite the fact he's a very good skater, especially on his edges. There is elite potential here and a must watch.

And yep... this is Mike's son.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad