C/W Cole Huckins - Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (2021, 77th, CGY)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Sooooo, i was looking at the 2020-21 season Q opening night scores
and noticed this forward; Cole Huckings, had a strong rookie season
in the Q last season.

40 points (13 goals), -24 with 60 penalty minutes and 139 sog
in 64 games for the Titan.

But no thread,...is he any good?, the reason why i created this thread:
Titan beat Sea Dogs 4-3 after OT, was behind 0-3 and Huckins
netted 4 points in the 1st game of his draft season.

1+3 | +3 | 6 sog | 3/5 at face-offs | 3 hits

---

Cole Huckins
listed as center
6 foot 3 | 200 lbs
From Fredericton, NB
Born 2003-05-14

He is cousins with the Malone hockey family.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Sooooo, i was looking at the 2020-21 season Q opening night scores
and noticed this forward; Cole Huckings, had a strong rookie season
in the Q last season.

40 points (13 goals), -24 with 60 penalty minutes and 139 sog
in 64 games for the Titan.

But no thread,...is he any good?, the reason why i created this thread:
Titan beat Sea Dogs 4-3 after OT, was behind 0-3 and Huckins
netted 4 points in the 1st game of his draft season.

1+3 | +3 | 6 sog | 3/5 at face-offs | 3 hits

---

Cole Huckins
listed as center
6 foot 3 | 200 lbs
From Fredericton, NB
Born 2003-05-14

He is cousins with the Malone hockey family.

Are the Sea Dogs still complete dogshit? Have never seen this guy play but wouldn't look too much into one game.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
He scored 40 points on a shitty team as a 16 years old, which is better than guys like Dylan Strome at the same age. He is legit. He has the size, he's physical too. He plays a solid two-way game, has hockey sense and goal scoring potential as well as playmaking ability to run a PP. He's your full package center with size. I have some doubts about his skating ability, he moves fine but I don't quite know for the NHL. To me, he's a 2nd or 3rd round prospect but could rise higher than that. I'm sure NHL teams have watched him for a while already.

To be fair, I don't think he was good in pre-season, and even yesterday was just good. The points were him driving to the net and doing the right things but not really skilled points.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He scored 40 points on a shitty team as a 16 years old, which is better than guys like Dylan Strome at the same age. He is legit. He has the size, he's physical too. He plays a solid two-way game, has hockey sense and goal scoring potential as well as playmaking ability to run a PP. He's your full package center with size. I have some doubts about his skating ability, he moves fine but I don't quite know for the NHL. To me, he's a 2nd or 3rd round prospect but could rise higher than that. I'm sure NHL teams have watched him for a while already.

To be fair, I don't think he was good in pre-season, and even yesterday was just good. The points were him driving to the net and doing the right things but not really skilled points.

Thanks from this.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Sure, not sure how anyone wouldn’t have the Sea Digs at the top of the division by seasons end.

Getting crushed again today. They have talent but they're so god damn overrated. That's a 17/18 year old core, it's not going to dominate the Q.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Getting crushed again today. They have talent but they're so god damn overrated. That's a 17/18 year old core, it's not going to dominate the Q.

PlayStation team? A coach made that comparison to a Q journalist.

Dans mon tour de table de la LHJMQ, un coach m’a fait une belle image des Sea Dogs! C’est un club bâti par un directeur général de PlayStation! Un club étoile sur papier, mais dans la vie, ça ne gagne pas toujours des matchs. Trop de vedettes, surtout en attaque. Ils ont 12 gars qui veulent jouer dans le top-6.

In my QMJHL round table, a coach gave me a great image of the Sea Dogs! This is a team built by a PlayStation GM! A star team on paper, but in life, it doesn't always win games. Too many stars, especially on offense. They have 12 guys who want to play in the top-6.

L'état des forces dans la LHJMQ

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
PlayStation team? A coach made that comparison to a Q journalist.

Dans mon tour de table de la LHJMQ, un coach m’a fait une belle image des Sea Dogs! C’est un club bâti par un directeur général de PlayStation! Un club étoile sur papier, mais dans la vie, ça ne gagne pas toujours des matchs. Trop de vedettes, surtout en attaque. Ils ont 12 gars qui veulent jouer dans le top-6.

In my QMJHL round table, a coach gave me a great image of the Sea Dogs! This is a team built by a PlayStation GM! A star team on paper, but in life, it doesn't always win games. Too many stars, especially on offense. They have 12 guys who want to play in the top-6.

L'état des forces dans la LHJMQ

I'd say that's fair. I think they'll actually destroy the league next year anyway, but yeah, there's a lot of strong characters on this team, + they're all very young and the 19 and 20 year olds they are surrounded with aren't very good in my opinion. So yeah, growing pains, but I expect they'll get better as the season goes.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Had a filthy, nonchalant redirect goal and two really sweet dishes + added 1 secondary assist to boot
3 goals, 6 assists, +7 in his first 6 games of the season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Huckins keeps scoring. 4 goals, 6 assists, +7, 19 shots on goal, in 7 games this season so far.
Has taken few face-offs each game, has won 72% (71,8) of them...but only total of 25 face-offs taken in 7 games...so...yeah.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
I have some serious concerns with his skating though, it really isn’t close to being at the nhl level. Late to a lot of plays and he’s physical, but doesn’t make a lot of plays offensively. His skating is DND worthy imo, something he’ll really have to focus on moving forward but he does have some potential. But if someone like James Hardie doesn’t convince teams he’s worth a pick, I can’t see Huckins being one considering Hardie is the better player.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I have some serious concerns with his skating though, it really isn’t close to being at the nhl level. Late to a lot of plays and he’s physical, but doesn’t make a lot of plays offensively. His skating is DND worthy imo, something he’ll really have to focus on moving forward but he does have some potential. But if someone like James Hardie doesn’t convince teams he’s worth a pick, I can’t see Huckins being one considering Hardie is the better player.

Well...luckily, skating is the easiest thing to fix.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Well...luckily, skating is the easiest thing to fix.
For sure, it’s an area that is definitely not irreparable, he can improve upon it and would go a long way in helping Huckins become a better prospect, I just have a tough time seeing him make much of himself in pro hockey unless he can really work on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad