C/W Artyom Galimov - Ak Bars Kazan, KHL (2020, 129th, ANA)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
First in scoring in the KHL among u21 players and 5th in ppg ( behind players who played 16, 4, 31, and 3 games compared to Galimov's 55 ). Still a very young player with good offensive abilities , why the lack of talk about him?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
First in scoring in the KHL among u21 players and 5th in ppg ( behind players who played 16, 4, 31, and 3 games compared to Galimov's 55 ). Still a very young player with good offensive abilities , why the lack of talk about him?
Because he is not Denisenko I guess. Please ask the NA press and so called experts why they all the time hype up one one player and totally disregard the other. My guess is most of it copypasting, lack of professionalism and balls. It's safer to rate high a guy "everybody" rates high. If he fails afterwards you can always say "but look, everybody was high on him". It takes some analysis, time investment and guts to point to guys nobody has on the radar.

That said, I am happy as AkBars fan. Less hype is better for the player and for the team. But do not forget it is a Kvartalnov team right now. Stats of younger, less skilled players might get inflated in his system a bit.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
That said, I am happy as AkBars fan. Less hype is better for the player and for the team. But do not forget it is a Kvartalnov team right now. Stats of younger, less skilled players might get inflated in his system a bit.

not related to Galimov but just curious as to your reference to a "Kvartalnov team"?

A couple of months ago in looking at European coaches that might make successful NHL coaches it was impressive to see how many winning seasons he had.

Combined with his having played in the league as well as playing in Europe it would seem that language would not be an issue.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
not related to Galimov but just curious as to your reference to a "Kvartalnov team"?

A couple of months ago in looking at European coaches that might make successful NHL coaches it was impressive to see how many winning seasons he had.

Combined with his having played in the league as well as playing in Europe it would seem that language would not be an issue.
My first draft of an answer went missing, but oh well...

Kvartalnov's problem is being a regular season coach. He gives a long leash to the youngsters and plays a run and gun no defence system. It works well in the regular season. Especially with less balance to the teams in the KHL. In the playoffs though he fails with consistency. Even with the stacked CSKA team. The COVID-situation prevented him(or saved him) from showing what his AkBars playoffs would look like. But judging by the regular season I had little to no hope. The team was mostly winning the games they were supposed to win and losing pretty much every game against top teams. Thus I doubt his coaching style has changed. He has little structure and can't pull out tough wins.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Kind of answered another question I was going to ask about Stanislav Galiev. Saw his numbers tick up but that would fit with your assessment of the coach.

I’d imagine he is still better suited to playing in the KHL than in possibly giving the NHL another shot.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Kind of answered another question I was going to ask about Stanislav Galiev. Saw his numbers tick up but that would fit with your assessment of the coach.

I’d imagine he is still better suited to playing in the KHL than in possibly giving the NHL another shot.
Yes, most definitely. Basically Kvartalnov is said to have trouble working with stars in his locker room. He favors a scoring by comitee approach. Also Stanislav is one lucky guy, you have to say that. The amount of bounces he gets is even somewhat funny.

That shootout goal is kinda epitome of S.Galiev's luck. When I saw him score it, I was: oh well, Stan again.

As long as he scores them for my team, I am happy. He obviously is better suited as a complementary player to play on a scoring line in the KHL with one or two legit stars. That's what he is best at - burry some good passes. Nothing stands out relly, but he is quick enough, has a good enough shot. But he would probably struggle on a higher level.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Hi caser, who would you prefer long term to be an effective NHLer?

Beryozkin or Galimov?

It's something like comparing apples to oranges to be honest or if we look at it in more of a HF way to look at it, high ceiling/high risk Vs. lower ceiling/lower risk. So I'm not exactly sure what to answer here, especially since "an effective NHLer" is kind of an abstract term.

Reactions: EXTRAS

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
It's something like comparing apples to oranges to be honest or if we look at it in more of a HF way to look at it, high ceiling/high risk Vs. lower ceiling/lower risk. So I'm not exactly sure what to answer here, especially since "an effective NHLer" is kind of an abstract term.

Which player is higher ceiling / higher risk and lower ceiling/ lower risk in this scenario?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Could totally see the Canadiens taking a flyer on him in the 6th-7th round. They also took an overager last year, Khisamutdinov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad