C/W Alexander Suvorov - Dinamo Minsk, KHL (2021 undrafted)

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019
Looked like he was finally finding his footing in the KHL after his development stagnated a lot last year. Really strong preseason and first two games of the season, picked up an injury and hasn't played since the 4th.

If he comes back from his injury playing like he did before he picked it up, he may be worth a (late) pick this year, but more likely he's a player you let develop and offer him a contract as a FA in a few years time.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Looked like he was finally finding his footing in the KHL after his development stagnated a lot last year.
Huh? Another extremely odd take. He had a great season last year, how on earth was it stagnation?

Great in the WJC (11 points in 5 games), great in the Belarus league playoffs (14 points in 17 games), and managed to more or less hold down a regular spot with the Dinamo unlike the other big Belarussian prospects (Pinchuk, Kuznetsov).

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019
Huh? Another extremely odd take. He had a great season last year, how on earth was it stagnation?

Great in the WJC (11 points in 5 games), great in the Belarus league playoffs (14 points in 17 games), and managed to more or less hold down a regular spot with the Dinamo unlike the other big Belarussian prospects (Pinchuk, Kuznetsov).
Sure, he beat up on some terrible WJC teams. He didn’t show any signs of improvement as a prospect from his DY.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Sure, he beat up on some terrible WJC teams. He didn’t show any signs of improvement as a prospect from his DY.
Way to address the point, you are repeating the same thing without telling anything. Who is saying that? How did you come to this conclusion? What metrics are you using? Because it's the first time I have heard about it and it makes no intuitive sense whatsoever.

Yet another thread where it seems like you just felt like having an opinion without having any clue about it.

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019
Way to address the point, you are repeating the same thing without telling anything. Who is saying that? How did you come to this conclusion? What metrics are you using? Because it's the first time I have heard about it and it makes no intuitive sense whatsoever.

Yet another thread where it seems like you just felt like having an opinion without having any clue about it.
Me, I’m saying that. Someone who’s job it is to watch him play lol

There’s more to growth as a hockey player than simply producing. He notably lacked pace in the last two seasons, he addressed that issue and looks quite quick now, actually. Finishing issues are still a question mark as the sample size for this season is still small, but, overall, he failed to show any real improvements from his DY to his DY+1.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Me, I’m saying that. Someone who’s job it is to watch him play lol

There’s more to growth as a hockey player than simply producing. He notably lacked pace in the last two seasons, he addressed that issue and looks quite quick now, actually. Finishing issues are still a question mark as the sample size for this season is still small, but, overall, he failed to show any real improvements from his DY to his DY+1.
Exactly, he wasn't on the KHL roster to score and nevertheless he held onto the roster spot over other very reputable players. It's the same reason why Severstal wanted him in the Shostak swap to begin with. He outplayed Kuznetsov and Pinchuk in the WJC who are A-grade prospects (as surefire KHL players long-term) by Belarussian standards, he made the finals with Zhlobin taking minutes away from players like Gavrus or Kisly.

Nobody is talking about his production here (although he has improved in that sense as well) but about the overall success he had at every level for every team he has played last year. Yet it turns out "he didn’t show any signs of improvement" :laugh: I guess some people are just bad at their job or feel like their title gives them the right to form absolutely uninformed opinions (looking back to the MHL thread).

@ozo what is your take on this? You know might as well ask someone who is informed about the player instead of just having a job to do it.

Last edited:

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019

tfw nobody brings up production

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I feel like we could be talking about some sort of stagnation only if he would be staying in the same league for multiple seasons in a row, but Suvorov has been moving up the hockey ladder every season and that is the main reason he might look "of the pace" because he literally needs to adapt to better/faster hockey constantly. This will be the first season he won't be seeing a significant jump in quality of opposition, so it is encouraging to hear that people think he looks better than ever playing KHL minutes.

Also we are talking about 174cm tall forward, if we are not bringing up his production then I'm not even sure what are we even doing here really lol.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Can any Russian speakers maybe find an update out there? There were a couple Belarusians last year that I watched a ton of, Vadim Moroz, who went on to be picked by Arizona in the 3rd round. That was a huge surprise. The other was Suvorov, he aged out last draft. They were both overagers. Little connection here... Moroz played for Dinamo Minsk. Suvorov's rights were actually also owned by Minsk but was being loaned out to Severstal. I believe he was supposed to return to Minsk this year but based on what I can see it appears he's been injured the whole year. I haven't been able to find anything on it. They aren't very good again this year, there was a ton of roster turnover. There should've been a real opportunity for him to be a go-to player this year. Really productive last season considering he averaged under 15 minutes a game. I wanted to see more usage for him

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Can any Russian speakers maybe find an update out there? There were a couple Belarusians last year that I watched a ton of, Vadim Moroz, who went on to be picked by Arizona in the 3rd round. That was a huge surprise. The other was Suvorov, he aged out last draft. They were both overagers. Little connection here... Moroz played for Dinamo Minsk. Suvorov's rights were actually also owned by Minsk but was being loaned out to Severstal. I believe he was supposed to return to Minsk this year but based on what I can see it appears he's been injured the whole year. I haven't been able to find anything on it. They aren't very good again this year, there was a ton of roster turnover. There should've been a real opportunity for him to be a go-to player this year. Really productive last season considering he averaged under 15 minutes a game. I wanted to see more usage for him
He had a shoulder surgery in the summer, but apparently it wasn't successful, so he had another one in November, probably won't be able to play this season.

Reactions: B17 Apricots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad