C Tyler Seguin (2010, 2nd overall, Boston; traded to Dallas)

Sadist

Feb 4, 2008
Detroit
The chatter I have heard at the rink is that Mahalak won't be back til late December at the earliest. I guess his shoulder injury was pretty serious.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
A question for people who have seen enough of both Hall and Seguin. Which player plays more physical? Both strength on the puck and willingness to hit? I didn't see much aggressiveness from Hall in the Mem cup, is Seguin any better?

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
IMO franchise players in this draft:

Hall, Fowler, Gormley, Kabanov, Seguin

That's awfully high praise for Gormley. I don't think he's shown enough to warrant the "future franchise player" tag as a prospect. Same with Fowler.

Hall, Kabanov, and Seguin have the most star power in this draft IMO (and in that order I suppose).

Princeton

Aug 24, 2009
IMO franchise players in this draft:

Hall, Fowler, Gormley, Kabanov, Seguin

I would add Tarasenko to this list and delete Gormley.

I also think that Granlund could surprise and be a Gionta or Marty St. Louis type of player. (not really a Franchise player but close).

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I would add Tarasenko to this list and delete Gormley.

I also think that Granlund could surprise and be a Gionta or Marty St. Louis type of player. (not really a Franchise player but close).

Granlund definately demands attention on the ice... He's alot like Patrick Kane.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Potential Franchise Players: Hall and Seguin
Star Powered Players: Fowler, Kabanov, Gormley

IMO, Connolly, Gudbranson, McFarland, Granlund, Tarasenko could be added to the latter list, but we will see.

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
QFT.

I laugh every time I see these Yzerman, Sakic, Gilmour, etc comparisons being mentioned. These players are among the best to EVER play the game of hockey... even Crosby will be lucky to make it that far.

Umm, I agree with the notion that comparisons to Yzerman come too frequently, but I don't think I would put Gilmour in any where near the same stratosphere as either Yzerman or Sakic. They are both first ballot hall of fame material, and I don't think Gilmour even gets in. It may take Crosby some time to reach Yzerman and Sakic like accomplishments, but he already has one more scoring title and the same number of cups as Gilmour...

Best,
Shawn

Iwishihadacup

Jan 23, 2008
Quebec City
Super-Mario-Brothers-Star-super-mario-bros-1990293-1024-768.jpg

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
That's awfully high praise for Gormley. I don't think he's shown enough to warrant the "future franchise player" tag as a prospect. Same with Fowler.

Hall, Kabanov, and Seguin have the most star power in this draft IMO (and in that order I suppose).

well some people see things and other people see other things...he is the smartest player on the ice all the time, controls the play and runs everything on the ice too me that is a franchise player to build around. He will shut down the opposition or help out offensivly, the guy reminds me of how Scott Neidermayer looked in junior. Too me if a guy controls the play 90% of the time out there and the whole team is run around him that is a franchise player.

KL*

I havn't seen enough of him, is he more of a playmaker or sniper?

He can be a brilliant playmaker, but he has to respect his linemates. He usually doesn't respect them, so he's a shoot-first sniper. He's got a quick release and gets a lot of velocity on his snapper.

Professor Dangles

Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Pronounciation of Seguin?

Today a friend and I were talking prospects when I brought up Seguin as my pick for 1st overall.

I said "Saygan" rhyming with again

my friend proceeded to laugh at me and said it was pronounced SegWIN

are either of us correct?

Canuck71*

both pronunciations are right. I've heard both pronounced for different Seguin's.

I believe you are correct and everyone I have heard calls Tyler Seguin by "say-gan".

There are a few Seguin's though that do use the "see-gwin" pronunciation but I haven't heard anyone call Tyler Seguin by that pronunciation yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->