C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
He's a pure playmaker, terrific vision and creativity in that regard. Comparable: Mikael Granlund.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
The Alex Nylander of this years draft. Once the intensity ramps up he'll be easily contained.

chewbaccaman

Aug 31, 2018
Seattle
Hurt in the exhibition game against Finland this morning. Went hard into the boards under a check and came out holding his arm, didn't look good. Could really hurt his stock if he's out of the tournament, especially because so many players around him are playing in it. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Hurt in the exhibition game against Finland this morning. Went hard into the boards under a check and came out holding his arm, didn't look good. Could really hurt his stock if he's out of the tournament, especially because so many players around him are playing in it. Hopefully it's nothing serious.
Nooo was really wanting to see how he stacked up against Boldy and Krebs.

avalancheboi

Nov 16, 2018
Aurora
F***ing brutal.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego

Not even waiting until he's drafted by Anaheim to get injured, now that's commitment.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think Zegras or Boldy are among our top three players.

I would say its Hughes, Turcotte and Knight. Caufield fourth best.

The Zegras injury might not be serious and Turcotte might recover in time. There's been no information released by USA Hockey about either yet.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I don't think Zegras or Boldy are among our top three players.

I would say its Hughes, Turcotte and Knight. Caufield fourth best.

The Zegras injury might not be serious and Turcotte might recover in time. There's been no information released by USA Hockey about either yet.
lol, okay, regardless of how we rank them, i'm just saying it could be a huge blow. And Turcotte was left off the roster completely, i'm not holding my breathe for him to show up.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
lol, okay, regardless of how we rank them, i'm just saying it could be a huge blow. And Turcotte was left off the roster completely, i'm not holding my breathe for him to show up.
do we know if players can be adder during the tournament if a roster spot is open?? it seems that open spot would be left for Turcotte who has to be there/traveled with the team...makes sense if he can get back on the ice, they don't have to look far for a replacement.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
do we know if players can be adder during the tournament if a roster spot is open?? it seems that open spot would be left for Turcotte who has to be there/traveled with the team...makes sense if he can get back on the ice, they don't have to look far for a replacement.
Yeah idk how that works. I'd imagine Turcotte is with the team unless his ailment is very serious. But if Turcotte isn't or cant suit up, i have a hard time believing they'll be able to get a replacement all the way out to Finland. idk well have to wait and see

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah idk how that works. I'd imagine Turcotte is with the team unless his ailment is very serious. But if Turcotte isn't or cant suit up, i have a hard time believing they'll be able to get a replacement all the way out to Finland. idk well have to wait and see
yep, only reinforcement on the way likely is Turcotte if he is there..maybe Kaliyev is on a flight as we speak lol...

avalancheboi

Nov 16, 2018
Aurora
Starting to see why some have him top 5. Eyes in the back of his head and he’s got incredible passing speed and accuracy.

Reactions: Lays

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems to be one of those guys who is above average at everything, but doesn't excel at any one thing. Pretty safe pick, IMO. Can see him being a 2C for a long time in the NHL.

Reactions: Mitts888

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Seems to be one of those guys who is above average at everything, but doesn't excel at any one thing. Pretty safe pick, IMO. Can see him being a 2C for a long time in the NHL.

TBH I think he has insane upside. Has probably the best vision in the draft. He's so skilled and creative. Sort of like Petterson. They also both had very skinny 6 foot frames when drafted.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
TBH I think he has insane upside. Has probably the best vision in the draft. He's so skilled and creative. Sort of like Petterson. They also both had very skinny 6 foot frames when drafted.
I don't see great vision. I see above average vision. I also don't see off the charts creativity or skills. He has some nice moves in tight spaces, which usually end up in him feeding someone in a good position. That's a useful skill at higher levels when the ice gets closed down.

Hey, calling him a fairly safe bet to be a 2C in the NHL isn't an insult!

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I don't see great vision. I see above average vision. I also don't see off the charts creativity or skills. He has some nice moves in tight spaces, which usually end up in him feeding someone in a good position. That's a useful skill at higher levels when the ice gets closed down.

Hey, calling him a fairly safe bet to be a 2C in the NHL isn't an insult!
I think his vision and creativity are both great. He's the best passer in the draft in my books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad