C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Yeah I hope the kid was just being over-eager (nothing wrong with that!) and both he and the Ducks agree on another year of college for him. Look at Casey Mittelstadt in Buffalo, compared to Makar in Colorado. It couldn't hurt one bit, and it could do a lot of good!

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Finished the the regular season with an assist on BU's only goal in a 2-1 loss to Northeastern.

11 goals, 25 assists, 36 points in 33 games.

Next on the agenda: the Hockey East Tournament. Boston University faces UMass-Lowell in the first round.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
I thought he could’ve used another year to fully dominate the NCAA. That being said I think hell do fine at the pro level next year, just hope this isn’t another mittlstadt situation

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I thought he could’ve used another year to fully dominate the NCAA. That being said I thunk hell do fine at the pro level next year, just hope this isn’t another mittlstadt situation
I'm sure one reason he isn't going back is that BU's highest scoring returner for next year is Robert Mastrosimone, who had 17 points in 34 games. David Farrance could return for a senior season, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nashville signs him soon. Harper and Curry were the only forwards who could really play with Zegras to some degree.

Reactions: Fixxer and Nabrules

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Start him off in the AHL. There is zero reason for him to go directly into the NHL unless he is completely dominate from the start.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Start him off in the AHL. There is zero reason for him to go directly into the NHL unless he is completely dominate from the start.

He has half a year to make gains before next season. We'll see how he's looking in camp/exhibition games in the fall.

Dominance might not quite have to be the prerequisite to being deemed ready, but he'll surely be headed to San Diego unless he's one of the Ducks top forwards throughout camp and looking like he's ready to step right in.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
They play a bit different game but body wise and career path wise Zegras is very comparable to Joel Farabee so far.

Z for sure is still a work in progress. For his playing style he needs to add more bulk and muscle, while also he needs a bit more explosiveness down the road. He also have to learn how to shoot.
When Z played with good linemates (even if on the 4th line :) ), he was outpacing Keller and Farabee in the WJC`s. Obviously, that`s a small sample size tho.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What do you guys think he will develop into in terms of NHL.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What do you guys think he will develop into in terms of NHL.
I think he has the potential to be one of the best playmakers in the NHL. I don’t see it happening right away. He’s the type of player I could see breaking out at 22 or 23 to become a 70-80 point player, but I think the first few years may lead to some disappointment as he figures out how to use his incredible skill set at the highest level. He doesn’t really have the ability to beat goalies clean in the NHL, but I think he’ll score his fair share just from creating so many opportunities. I don’t really see and NHL comparable for him. Maybe Kane, but not as gifted.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I think he has the potential to be one of the best playmakers in the NHL. I don’t see it happening right away. He’s the type of player I could see breaking out at 22 or 23 to become a 70-80 point player, but I think the first few years may lead to some disappointment as he figures out how to use his incredible skill set at the highest level. He doesn’t really have the ability to beat goalies clean in the NHL, but I think he’ll score his fair share just from creating so many opportunities. I don’t really see and NHL comparable for him. Maybe Kane, but not as gifted.
Thornton? Although Thornton has a very good shot and could have put up higher goal totals but he has always refused to shoot or go to the net. Can't tell yet whether Zegras has a good enough shot to beat goalies regularly.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Got way more natural skill than Thornton imo obviously big joe has some of the best vision EVER but he also is really big and used his frame to protect the puck, zegras uses deception.

Reactions: Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
My main concern for Zegras is that Anaheim doesn't seem to have an elite goal-scorer for him to play with, at least not yet.

Reactions: Dmang714

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
My main concern for Zegras is that Anaheim doesn't seem to have an elite goal-scorer for him to play with, at least not yet.
Rakell, Silfverberg, Henrique are decent options for the time being...

Terry and Comtois for the future. Definitely should draft a goal scorer in this coming draft though.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Rakell, Silfverberg, Henrique are decent options for the time being...

Terry and Comtois for the future. Definitely should draft a goal scorer in this coming draft though.

Totally agree. I've been looking at the 2021 draft and there doesn't appear to be an elite goal scorer that jumps out at me, unfortunately.

Maybe McTavish or Lucius. Personally, I'm not convinced either of those two are top-line wingers (and I believe Zegras is a top line player).

The (sort of) good news is that Anaheim will finish near the basement for a while yet, so they will have high picks in a few more drafts and 2022 and 2023 look to have more depth at forward than 2021, at least at the top end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad