C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
Really like him, his offensive skillset.

Hope he get more ice time next games

Not the fastest skater, he will need to incrase speed and be more explosive. Probably come with increased strengh

Reactions: The Sweetness

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really like him, his offensive skillset.

Hope he get more ice time next games

Not the fastest skater, he will need to incrase speed and be more explosive. Probably come with increased strengh

He’s much faster than most think. He plays really slow.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Ducks always draft well. I wasn’t sure how Zegras would translate, but as soon as the Ducks picked him up I knew he’d be a good one.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
That pass to Kaliyev was a thing of beauty. I think he can still make it as a pass first C in the league tbh. He’s going to be a great set up guy for the Ducks

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’s a center. I don’t know why you’d put him on the wing. He’s more of a center than Jack Hughes is, and most of this website hates if you suggest he’s not an NHL center at 18.
Im pretty surprised usa hasn't been playin him at center.... tho if I remember correctly hes struggled a bit at faceoffs.

Robertson Zegras Kaliyev/Caufield seems like it would be a pretty good line..... or if you play him on wing it should be with tucotte, something like Zegras Turcotte Caufield.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Im pretty surprised usa hasn't been playin him at center.... tho if I remember correctly hes struggled a bit at faceoffs.

Robertson Zegras Kaliyev/Caufield seems like it would be a pretty good line..... or if you play him on wing it should be with tucotte, something like Zegras Turcotte Caufield.

The grinders all need to play center. Top picks aren’t allowed to play their natural position in a junior hockey tournament.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
What a f***ing assist by Zegras just now (3-2 goal against the Czechs)! He’s been so good this tourney, IMO USA’s best player so far. Outstanding playmaker. Crazy that he’s not on their top PP.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Still can’t believe Ferraro started this guy as 4th line LW. He’s my favorite for player of the tournament right now.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I was rattled when the Ducks took him a spot ahead of Vancouver - Judd Brackett was super high on him and it sounded like he was high on our board.

Great to see him excelling in the tourny, fun player to watch.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This guy has the skill and confidence to try anything and it usually works out, very Barzal like

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Think he's shown enough to be on the top powerplay yet?

I've heard this type of thing said a few times, some complaints in regards to Caufield and some Zegras. I don't understand the complaints.

There's no real "first PP unit" with this group. And the units are highly based on the lines, and who fits well in what spot.

You aren't going to play Caufield and Wahlstrom on the same PP because they fill the same role. You aren't going to put Kaliyev and Brink on the same PP because they fill the same role. Jones and York fill the same role.

I think I'd make one change to the PP. I'd flip the defensemen on the two units, and then start off more shifts than not with the unit with Zegras because I feel like thats the unit with more talent, but its not as much of a PP1/PP2 scenario as you often see. I don't see the need for people to be complaining about this as one of the big problems. I think the ES lines and minutes allotment is a much bigger problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->