C Shane McColgan (2011, 134th overall, Rangers)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Very slick and skilled, good skater, good vision etc. Just had issues with work ethic, maturity and attitude.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I always thought that he was worth signing, even if it never worked out. His talent level was there, but now I don't know what to aspect. Probably should have went the college route instead.

griffpf

Dec 27, 2006
I can google too. I meant… how did this guy go from a 1st round prospect with 4 years of WHL experience to a 21 year old playing junior A. Something obviously went wrong with the kid. Maybe someone has some insight.

i saw him when he played with kelowna lots and was a really good player and it all seemed to change when he got sent to saskatoon.. i feel when he left kelowna he was seen as a top 3 player but went to the blades and they had loaded up for the men cup and his role dropped quite a bit... thats the only thing i can see plus i believe he had an injury at the beginning of this year..

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I dunno wether Shane McColgan has really gone down-hill, or was made to only be a good junior player. Had four straight 60+ point seasons and lead the team in points two of those years, tree for forwards. Traded to a team that was hosting the memorial cup, hoping he'd make a major impact. He was even touted a top-ten pick, then falls all the way to 6th round to NY. But Saskatoon traded him to Portland, and didn't even score for them, probably wasn't a good fit. Then they trade him to Lethbridge, then heads to the BCHL. Probably the only player in BCHL history to play a few AHL games and in the memorial cup, before going to the BCHL. His numbers were also okay in the BCHL.

Whats next for him? Always liked the guy. I think he'll probably play in Sweden or England, something like that.

richardsequalscup*

He should go to college because he has no future playing hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->