C Sean Monahan (2013, 6th overall, Calgary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jackets need to stack up a few more 1sts and this team could easily top edmonton with potential and depth with 1 draft in what took them....3 years?

ZugNugget

Feb 19, 2008
Jackets need to stack up a few more 1sts and this team could easily top edmonton with potential and depth with 1 draft in what took them....3 years?

So if Columbus stocks up on first rounders in 2013, they could top Edmonton's potential and depth that they've achieved in drafting Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, and Yakupov?

Is Columbus some how going to finish last and trade for the other three picks in the top four? Because easily topping Edmonton's potential would require the Jackets getting MacKinnon, Jones, Monahan, and Shinkaruk.

stamkosisboss

Mar 27, 2010
Leafs Nation
So if Columbus stocks up on first rounders in 2013, they could top Edmonton's potential and depth that they've achieved in drafting Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, and Yakupov?

Is Columbus some how going to finish last and trade for the other three picks in the top four? Because easily topping Edmonton's potential would require the Jackets getting MacKinnon, Jones, Monahan, and Shinkaruk.

I dont think its that crazy of a notion. Columbas has Murray and RJo as well. Add a guy like MacKinnon to that and you have your number 1 and 2 center with a stud number 1 defense man

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Whoever drafts Sean Monahan will be my new #2 team.

Im having the same problem with Horvat/Lazar/Martin, hopefully all by Tampa or at least the same team :laugh:

To Monahan though, he's easily behind those 3 as my favorite for this year, I cant wait for Ottawa's season to start so I can drive down for some games. Going to have a huge year!

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I dont think its that crazy of a notion. Columbas has Murray and RJo as well. Add a guy like MacKinnon to that and you have your number 1 and 2 center with a stud number 1 defense man

He thinks the BJs can acquire enough in 2013 alone to make Hall+RNH+Yak+Klefbom+Schultz+Musil+Marincin+Pitlick+ be obviously worse. That just won't happen.

And to be OT, Monahan is looking like a tasty prospect. He PKs, right?

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
He thinks the BJs can acquire enough in 2013 alone to make Hall+RNH+Yak+Klefbom+Schultz+Musil+Marincin+Pitlick+ be obviously worse. That just won't happen.

He's as adept defensively as offensively. He's where he is because he makes the right decisions and his timing is impeccable.

FoppaForsberg*

I think he means the big guys. like Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Eberle, Schultz vs Murray, Erixon, Johansen, if we do lose the season,they would be able to add a lot of guys this upcoming draft with 3 first round picks in one of the deepest drafts since 03. So yeah, they could possibly.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I see a little more E.Staal in him than Toews? This is a player I'd love to see Calgary build around if they land 3rd or 4th or 5th overall.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I think he means the big guys. like Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Eberle, Schultz vs Murray, Erixon, Johansen, if we do lose the season,they would be able to add a lot of guys this upcoming draft with 3 first round picks in one of the deepest drafts since 03. So yeah, they could possibly.

Read what he said again.

The BJs could very well end up the better team after a lottery draft but to suggest that they will be able to find more talent in 1 draft than the Oilers did in 3 with the best picks in each of those drafts is crazy.

First of all, if the BJs get MacKinnon their second round pick basically becomes a third round pick, their 4th becomes a 5th, their 6th a 7th. Next, his premise of acquiring more firsts sounds simple but who trades a pick that could become first overall? Or in a draft that is expected to be much deeper than normal? The BJs aren't exactly flush in NHL talent they can sell without opening holes in their roster.

I see a little more E.Staal in him than Toews? This is a player I'd love to see Calgary build around if they land 3rd or 4th or 5th overall.

It would be sweet revenge from the last lottery for the Alberta teams to be on top.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
First of all, if the BJs get MacKinnon their second round pick basically becomes a third round pick, their 4th becomes a 5th, their 6th a 7th. Next, his premise of acquiring more firsts sounds simple but who trades a pick that could become first overall? Or in a draft that is expected to be much deeper than normal? The BJs aren't exactly flush in NHL talent they can sell without opening holes in their roster.

That's not how NHL drafts work... it's not a snaking order. Columbus' 2nd would be the first pick in the 2nd, 3rd would be first picks in the 3rd etc.

He also said if Columbus acquire more 1sts... so he didn't say with their own picks. I think YOU need to read what he said again

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Clearly a product of the OHL cup and just riding off it :sarcasm:

For some reason I want the Leafs to get him, by no means am I a Leafs fan but I think it's a perfect fit.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
That's not how NHL drafts work... it's not a snaking order. Columbus' 2nd would be the first pick in the 2nd, 3rd would be first picks in the 3rd etc.

He also said if Columbus acquire more 1sts... so he didn't say with their own picks. I think YOU need to read what he said again

The last post lock-out draft was snaked, by the way.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Just for information the Jackets have 3 first round picks in 2013 (CBJ, LA, NYR) It seems like that is part of the confusion people have been having.

On to Monahan, I think he's going to be the 3rd best forward in this draft behind Mackinnon and Barkov. Monahan is more in the mold of say a Ryan Getzlaf whereas Mackinnon and Barkov are more pure offensive players.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Starting the year Drouin and Monahan were neck in neck for me as to the who was the 2nd best forward in the draft.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I want this kid on the Leafs so damn bad. MacKinnon may be better but I wouldn't mind one bit if a team like Columbus got him and we were picking top 5.

-Heart and soul guy
-Leafs fan growing up
-Hometown
-2-way center

He is ideal as ideal gets for our 1st line center. I haven't wanted a player this bad at a draft since Tavares in 09. Hockey Gods work your magic please. Toronto needs Monahan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad