C Sean Monahan (2013, 6th overall, Calgary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Why?

Is it that unbelievable that players in the future are better than players today or in the past?

Yeah this is exactly what I say to a response like that. Monahan's a top 5 candidate this far away from the draft and putting up huge numbers...Often enough these players get compared to notable nhlers and have decent chances to become stars.

Theres a ways to go before he's refined enough to do all the little stuff toews does nightly though.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Yeah this is exactly what I say to a response like that. Monahan's a top 5 candidate this far away from the draft and putting up huge numbers...Often enough these players get compared to notable nhlers and have decent chances to become stars.

Theres a ways to go before he's refined enough to do all the little stuff toews does nightly though.

I agree with this. There's a difference between saying "he will put up more numbers than Toews" than "he could" or "he very well may".

In my mind...

1. Talent is always relative
2. There will always be superstars

Therefore we will always have a superstar player and there will usually be about 10-15 guys drafted every 5 years that are incredible talents.

EDIT: I just realized that I really didn't respond to your post directly. My bad. But yeah there's a big difference between a 16 year old and a 24 year old though.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
A bit lofty expectations don't you think?

Pretty much like the posts above me said, I dont think they are, especially having watched both players a lot. Monahan is only 16 and I've said numerous times that I have a hard time with an NHL player comparison for him. He is such a smart player that he can change his playing style depending on what kind of match up / team he's up against. Toews is just the player he reminds me of the most, both are great at both ends of the ice and have that I word everyone loves to use.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Pretty much like the posts above me said, I dont think they are, especially having watched both players a lot. Monahan is only 16 and I've said numerous times that I have a hard time with an NHL player comparison for him. He is such a smart player that he can change his playing style depending on what kind of match up / team he's up against. Toews is just the player he reminds me of the most, both are great at both ends of the ice and have that I word everyone loves to use.

Could he be considered a candidate to wear the "C" next year?

LeafsFan2342

#CallupColborne
Dec 4, 2010
Toronto
Bump -

had his first OHL hattrick last week and followed it up with a 2 goal performance on the friday night. All this before his 17th birthday (its still 6 months away...)

Caught him live yesterday afternoon. Most people at the game were more impressed by Monahan than Toffoli or Landeskog.

Landeskog is on Colorado, just btw

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Sean Monahan

Oct 12th-94 birthday....what's the cut off? the 15th of Sept or Oct?

Is he 2012 draft eligible?

Man this kid is tearing it up...

23-18-23-41, +12

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I know a lot of people have mentioned Toews, but yeah it definitely is a perfect and easy comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad