C Sasha Chmelevski - Salavat Yulaev Ufa, KHL (2017, 185th, SJS)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Also surprised he doesn't already have a thread.

I was disappointed his season got cut short last year - I think the Ottawa move suited him so it's too bad he wasn't able to benefit from the development/ice time it would have provided him.

Looking forward to seeing him this season.

I noticed he's now listed as being 5'11. For anyone who has recently seen him, is this an accurate height?

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Good season so far for Chmelevski - 14 goals and 25 pts in 28 games, 12th in ISS's Nov rankings. He seems to be ranked anywhere from mid first to a second round pick. Lots of different opinions.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Prospect that could end up surprising alot of people he has alot of skill, seems he could be drafted anywhere from 2nd to 7th round.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
helped if I brought up the right damn name :laugh:

I was hoping he would be added to the u-18 team for the US. after a rough playoff..looks like outside of injury, that's not happening which is a shame...he can use some extra spotlight as a wild card type player for this draft.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
helped if I brought up the right damn name :laugh:

I was hoping he would be added to the u-18 team for the US. after a rough playoff..looks like outside of injury, that's not happening which is a shame...he can use some extra spotlight as a wild card type player for this draft.

Saw SC a lot this season and weirdest thing!! Comes off that great summer tournament and starts season on fire and then stalls out in late Fall and for rest of the season there were many nights he was invisible out there. Likely no other player in this draft will have fallen as far from pre season rankings to draft day. That being said , still lots of talent and potential there

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ottawa was a weird team, they went through some stuff. The coach grabbing a played on the bench, coach taking a leave of absence for health issues, players requesting trades, long losing streaks. They also had a young D core and had some ups too. Sasha has to wear some of his inconsistencies and play away from the puck no doubt but if a team can get him outside the first two rounds, there's a lot of talent there and time for him to rebound.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Alot of potential but very inconsistent, the talent is there to be a game breaker.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
My attempt at adjusted scoring has this kid in the top 31. I've seen little of him, but his numbers jump off the page.

clubkid75

Feb 7, 2016
He's dropped significantly in a lot of mock drafts. I'll be surprised if he's taken in the first 2 rounds

SJFanQC

Dec 14, 2010
Laval
Pretty happy with this pick! And we got Chekhovich in the 7th round too. Good late picks by Doug Wilson and Tim Burke.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Still can’t believe he went so late last year, think he will be a good player some day.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Still can’t believe he went so late last year, think he will be a good player some day.

I rarely saw a player fell that hard in the draft, most people had him in the 2nd round, if not in the early 3rd round.

Currently leading is OHL team in goals, points and +/-, not too shabby for a 6th rounder.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
He's had a very good year. Looks like a different player than the one we saw last year. Way more engaged without the puck. Playing hard through the middle of the ice. He's even killing penalties well for the 67's. Skill level way never denied, but the other areas of his game needed to improve and they have.

Next step for him (this offseason) is to become a more explosive skater. Being a bit undersized, he'll need to work on those first few steps to further create separation. He's got a great shot, but sometimes I find that he's a tad slow to lanes. Just needs to get a bit more power under that stride so that he can further utilize his offensive gifts. He could easily be a 100 point player next year if he does that.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Leads his team in goals, assists and SOG. His points and PPG do not look the best from the league perspective but seems like the 67's are not that good offensively.

Ya 67s aren't great . They are my local team so I see Sasha a ton.

His hands are very slick, an underrated passer. Decent iq. Really needs to add size and improve skating ability if he wants to play in the NHL. Definitely won't cut it as a bottom 6 guy he's very soft and avoids contact.

Good player though

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
He's turned it on a TON lately, 17 goals in his last 21 games. He's on a very young team with few offensive weapons, so he's the go-to guy. Will be very interesting to see how he produces in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad