C Samuel Savoie - Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL (2022, 81st, CHI)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Yup, Gatineau unsurprisingly did really well in that 2020 draft, looks like they hit on all 4 of their top 10 picks. Should be a fun team to watch in the coming seasons.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1 point in 4 games and Button has him ranked in the first round. Am I missing something?

I think that Button is missing something at this point.

Savoie might still develop but right now he just isn't producing like a first rounder at all.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think that Button is missing something at this point.

Savoie might still develop but right now he just isn't producing like a first rounder at all.
LOL. It’s four games. He creates good chances.

Matt Savoie had a four point night the other night. If not for that, would you be saying the same about him? Haha. One big game changes everything when you’re talking about the most minuscule of sample sizes.

Sam Savoie looks great out there. He’s a factor all over the ice, on almost every shift, a touches so many areas of the game, and he’s generating good chances. He’ll be fine. He’ll have a decent statistical season this year based on what I’ve seen.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
LOL. It’s four games. He creates good chances.

Matt Savoie had a four point night the other night. If not for that, would you be saying the same about him? Haha. One big game changes everything when you’re talking about the most minuscule of sample sizes.

Sam Savoie looks great out there. He’s a factor all over the ice, on almost every shift, a touches so many areas of the game, and he’s generating good chances. He’ll be fine. He’ll have a decent statistical season this year based on what I’ve seen.

I'm looking at last year as well.

He might very well start producing to match his skillset but so far it hasn't happened and I think scouts would look elsewhere today for a first round pick.

Time will tell as the season is long and some guys make really big strides.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018

"Savoie is a speedy, hard-hitting forechecking forward who brings a high-level of energy and competitive spirit to the ice. He radiates enthusiasm and dynamism on the puck pursuit, clashing to create takeaways and laying his body on everything crossing his path. He made a few animated backchecks when he felt he had the chance to close out on his enemies and separate them from the puck. Offensively, Savoie exhibited great board work, receiving passes well and escaping his 1-on-1 coverage from the corner with agility and quickness. Additionally to some smooth crossovers and excellent puck protection skills to navigate the outside lanes, he displayed the expertise to setup allies crashing to the slot. With his high-end skating, competitiveness and physicality, Savoie seems to possess all the tools to develop into a forechecking bottom-six forward at the NHL level. He’s already being deployed in a similar role with Gatineau, and although it’s fun to see him embrace and fulfill his responsibilities to near perfection, I’d like to see a tad bit more offense from him. Love his skill set, but production and play driving have been slacking."

Aug 25, 2009
éal
After a slow start, he's been tearing it up lately

5 points in 11 games in October

16 points in 8 games of November, thats including 9 goals

He's also a buzzsaw. If I'm Team Canada I'm looking at him for a bottom six role.

Reactions: Teaspoon salami

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7530.jpeg

Skating this morning

Reactions: HawksFan86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad