C Samuel Honzek - Vancouver Giants, WHL (2023, 16th, CGY)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
3 goals in 5 games so far and won’t turn 17 until November. Pretty impressive, I think he could be a candidate for later rounds in draft. I think skating is a bit of an issue however. He does engage physically which is good though.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He has scored all 3 goals in PP. He has some talent and could impress some NHL team to give him a chance.
We will see in the near future.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Or he could be the next Milos Roman or Marek Tvrdon.

When I see a big physically mature guy score goals and his skating described as a bit of an issue it's a problem.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Or he could be the next Milos Roman or Marek Tvrdon.

When I see a big physically mature guy score goals and his skating described as a bit of an issue it's a problem.
To be honest, watching today’s game his skating wasn’t as big of an issue as I saw a couple months ago. He has an awkward stride but isn’t slow by any means. Scored another goal today. 4 in 6 games now, and won’t turn 17 for another month.

Reactions: hellwar9

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Very interesting player. Hes little bit like Miro Šatan, a lot of times invisible but then boom ... he scores a goal. It seem like hes always in the right place at the right time.
I wanted to write the same. He doesn't impress too much but once he gets the chance in a game he is killer.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
So he will play in mens NT, like Nemec and Slafkovsky did in their DY-1. He won’t be out of place physically but the pace may be hard to match for him. I’ve been quite critical of where he’s been placed in U18 team and such but he has surprised me. He’s an enigma of a player, he’s seemingly unnoticeable for stretches and than is a physically dominant force for a stretch and ends up usually scoring. Definitely does have a goal scoring instinct.

Reactions: JohnJim

JohnJim

Mar 19, 2022
So he will play in mens NT, like Nemec and Slafkovsky did in their DY-1. He won’t be out of place physically but the pace may be hard to match for him. I’ve been quite critical of where he’s been placed in U18 team and such but he has surprised me. He’s an enigma of a player, he’s seemingly unnoticeable for stretches and than is a physically dominant force for a stretch and ends up usually scoring. Definitely does have a goal scoring instinct.
Would you call him a power forward? Good stats for d-2 season.

Reactions: Antiillafire

JohnJim

Mar 19, 2022
Yeah I would say he’s a power forward, with good instincts for driving the net. I give him an outside shot at making the WJC team for august but who knows what player availability will be like.
Thanks for the reply and insight! He's been listed as a center on some sites and a winger on other sites. I assume he can play both positions. Which does he usually play and which position does he project to play in the future?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Thanks for the reply and insight! He's been listed as a center on some sites and a winger on other sites. I assume he can play both positions. Which does he usually play and which position does he project to play in the future?
He plays both, but I’d probably guess he would be C in the future

Reactions: JohnJim

Trav1981

Jun 24, 2022
Does anyone know if he's coming over to North America or staying in Europe next season?

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
another goal and assist in the game last night. Scored similar to his goal above, went back hand five hole after opening the goalie up. 5 pts in 4 games. Should also get a nice boost when Ostapchuk returns
He’s been looking very good. Another great import pick for the Giants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad