C Sam Reinhart (2014, 2nd, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B A T M A N*

Jun 29, 2013
Vancouver
Development isn't linear lol

Just by the eye test, RNH seems to have elite level vision. Nothing stands out exactly about Reinhart (i.e Stamkos shot, Hall's speed etc.) but he's a good all-around player.

ZeroPT*

Development isn't linear lol

Just by the eye test, RNH seems to have elite level vision. Nothing stands out exactly about Reinhart (i.e Stamkos shot, Hall's speed etc.) but he's a good all-around player.

You're terribly underrating him. he has elite level vision and compete level. Not only that but his all-around game is amazing he's like a 75 point Patrice Bergeron, who wouldn't like that??

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Love this kid. Insane hockey IQ I think him and Descheneau will have a massive year next season.

Ace88*

The comparable i keep coming back to for Reinhart is a prime Mike Ricci, with good potential to be better offensively. But i do see similarities in their games.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Some early-season notes on what makes Reinhart so attractive, courtesy WHL scout Zenon Herasymiuk:

“Reinhart’s defining attribute is his definitely his hockey sense, which is nothing short of elite,†said Herasymiuk. “The way he thinks the game is already at an NHL-level and whether it’s a nice play in the defensive zone or a seeing-eye pass through traffic, Reinhart always seems to be one step ahead of the game. He posses a lethal shot when to along with his good size and strength.â€

http://futureconsiderations.ca/reinhart-has-scouts-eager/

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
S. Reinhart for 2013 draft?

I'm just wondering what people think Sam Reinhart would have gone in this years draft, knowing that he is the same birth year as some of this years draftees and played the same competition, and since Reinhart is expected to go 1st or at least top 3 in this years draft, where would he have been drafted if he was in this past draft.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
His stats last year were 72 gp, 35 g, 50 a, 80 pts. His playoffs were, ahem, forgettable.

Stats don't tell the whole story obviously b/c Kootenay was pretty bad.

It's hard to say, but I'd guess somewhere between 8-13.

I don't think he would have been taken ahead of Monahan. Horvat is harder to say. I'm inclined to say no. Domi's a more interesting question...i think he may have gone ahead of Domi. He'd definitely have gone before Lazar.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Somewhere between 5 and 8. I think Mackinnon, Drouin, Jones, and Barkov are clearly ahead of him. He's in the Monahan, Lindholm, Nichushkin tier.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Somewhere between 5 and 8. I think Mackinnon, Drouin, Jones, and Barkov are clearly ahead of him. He's in the Monahan, Lindholm, Nichushkin tier.

Similar to Monahan. At this point it's hard to pick one or the other.

Is this really true, though?

...if you were asking me who will end up the better the player - Monahan vs Reinhart - it might well be Reinhart. But I don't agree that as of draft day, June 30, 2013, any team would have selected Reinhart over Monahan.

Again, I'm not saying that Monahan will be a better player - i'm just saying that thinking that Sam Reinhart would have been taken over Monahan a couple of months ago is a bit over the top to me.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
He's a step behind Barkov, kind of like Monahan or Lindholm. He's in that "second tier" after the top 4 guys.

He could go as early as 5, and as late as 12 if he was toslip, but that's highly unlikely. I think he'd have gone 5th or 6th overall, personally.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
A step above Lindholm and Monahan, probably a bit below Barkov and Drouin.

Horvath Broncos

Aug 21, 2013
5th-7th would be my guess. overall i'm not very high on the 2014 draft. the top doesn't look that great and neither does the depth. only thing in excited about the draft is the thing that there is no sure fire 1st overall. It could be Reinhart, Ekblad, Nylander or even Draisatl but that is bit of a stretch. it will be quite a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad