C Sam Reinhart (2014, 2nd, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
he's doing pretty well - kootenay has the worst record in eastern conference (the 3rd worst record in the WHL) - and reinhart's managed to pull out 10 pts in 8 games (3g 7a).

anyone seen him live this year who can comment?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
he's doing pretty well - kootenay has the worst record in eastern conference (the 3rd worst record in the WHL) - and reinhart's managed to pull out 10 pts in 8 games (3g 7a).

Seen him a few times. Just wish he had some better players to play with. In my two viewings he's been the Ice' best player, no questions asked.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!

Saw him once this year. Had a couple of good rushes, but was pretty quite other then that. He is very hard to stop once he gets up to top speed.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
As a Sabres fan would love this aswell. I would take him over anyone in the 2013 class.
Not sure I'd go that far. He's just 2 months younger than MacKinnon, and like MacKinnon he's currently in his 2nd year in the CHL. They're essentially the same age, in the same stage of their development, but MacKinnon IMO has been quite a bit more dominant, and has significantly better tools, I'd be curious to hear your argument for Reinhart over MacKinnon.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As a Sabres fan would love this aswell. I would take him over anyone in the 2013 class.

ummm what? He's a really solid prospect, but I would clearly take Jones and MacKinnon over him and probably Barkov and Monahan.

What Sam's main weakness is he passes too much (and I mean too much, put five Sam's on a PP and you probably won't see a shot, haha.) which puts players in some weird and awkward situations, takes away from good scoring chances, and makes him more of a predictable player amongst goalers, but his passing and vision ability is around RNH level. He should be more selfish some of the time and shoot more because he doesn't have that bad of a shot.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
He's still doing pretty well - 3g, 9a (12 pts) in 13 games. The Ice are the second worst team in the dub.

He was named to the subway series - good for him :nod:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
He's still doing pretty well - 3g, 9a (12 pts) in 13 games. The Ice are the second worst team in the dub.

He was named to the subway series - good for him :nod:

quoting myself almost a month later. continues to be unbelievably impressive. he's a late birthday (he's a '95 - but born after the draft cutoff so he's in next year's draft).

20 pts. in 20 games - his numbers are really impressive for a couple of reasons. Firstly, his team is the second worst in the WHL...secondly, his team's "GF" stat is the worst in the league by 10 goals...when you think about it that's a really big margin.

b/w the attention the '13 draft is getting b/c of the # of high end forwards and the attention that the '15 draft is already getting b/c of mcdavid...the '14 draft isn't really being discussed all that much..

...but i don't see anything so impressive about ekblad that he would justifiably be ranked before reinhart in the '14 draft (even given that ekblad got exceptional status). seriously, ekblad didn't make hlinka and that wasn't an overly impressive d group.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
You don't see anything impressive about the 6'3 200 pound 16 year old who has .7 PPG the year before his draft?

The one who plays huge minutes in all situations ?

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Sams a beauty, looks to be developing into the best of the Reinhart boys. Even last season as a 16 year old his skill and smarts shone through and put him on top of his team. Great future.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
anyone who's seen him recently have any thoughts re where he's at.

stats-wise he's pretty impressive - 16g, 22a = 38 pts (40 gp) in the 3rd worst team in the WHL (and he's not draft eligible until 2014).

anyone know if he plans to stay w/ kootenay through until spring '14?

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
His skating isn't coming along like I thought it would.

Sick passer, top-notch hockey sense. Good hockey player.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
23 points in last 13 games

The hype has died down big time, I absolutely believe he will challenge for first next year

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I still think he needs to work on his skating for that to happen.

Is it really that bad?

IMO if a player has a strong work ethic, then skating troubles are something that you can bet will be improved over time, like John Tavares for example.

It's easier to improve skating than it is to grow a few inches or to improve hockey sense. If a player has a strong work ethic, it's one of more least concerning flaws, in my amateur opinion. I imagine his skating will continually improve in somewhat the same way that Tavares' has.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
http://thehockeywriters.com/a-look-ahead-201314-nhl-draft-rankings/

I hope this helps. He is next years touted number 1 player.

The article was written one year ago and has Alex Forsberg as a HM for the 13 draft.

I like Sam and he is in the mix for the top 5, probably top 3 but it's still too early to tell and guys can really grow, as players, in one year.

Look at Drouin, who isn't listed of the 7 players there for 13.

This article from Nov 12th is more current and things are changing all of the time still.

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-next-ones-2014-nhl-draft-top-10-rankings/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Think it's between him and Ekblad for next year's #1.

In the current state I think Ekblad should be going into the offseason as #1.

If he was in this years draft year do you think he would go? Top 5, top 10, top 15?

Hard because there are a few players in this draft that are amazingly NHL ready in terms of body frame. Reinhart still has to do a bit of growing this offseason, muscle wise and height wise. I think I would take MacKinnon, Jones, Drouin, Barkov, and Nichushkin over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad