C Sacha Boisvert - Musketon Lumberjacks, USHL (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

“He's a big-time player who can score, shoot, change games with hits, and impact the game in many different ways…Sacha's skating and vision put him in on another level because he creates so much offense off the rush and he is incredibly difficult to defend against….Sacha’s his physicality is what caught my eye because he has the ability to make players around him better and is overall a complete player”
via: Lumberjacks Sign Sacha Boisvert to Tender Agreement

USHL Rights: Musketon Lumberjacks

QMJHL Rights: Chicoutimi Saguenéens

NCAA Commitment: Univesity of North Dakota

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

“He's a big-time player who can score, shoot, change games with hits, and impact the game in many different ways…Sacha's skating and vision put him in on another level because he creates so much offense off the rush and he is incredibly difficult to defend against….Sacha’s his physicality is what caught my eye because he has the ability to make players around him better and is overall a complete player”
via: Lumberjacks Sign Sacha Boisvert to Tender Agreement

Thanks for doing this, GS. It looks like a lot of work / research. Appreciate it.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Chicoutimi Saguenéens select him #12 overall - questions if he'll report after signing a Tender with the Chicago Steel.
He signed a tender with Muskegon, not the Steel. In committing to North Dakota, he's the 3rd player from Mount Saint Charles to commit there. Owen McLaughlin and Nate Benoit are the other 2

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He signed a tender with Muskegon, not the Steel. In committing to North Dakota, he's the 3rd player from Mount Saint Charles to commit there. Owen McLaughlin and Nate Benoit are the other 2
Mistake made in the moment - it happens. I was posting alot the night of the QMJHL draft. As long as it's right in the title which it is!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Can’t be that often that Québécois prospects head out to Grand Forks? Figured he was bound for a Hockey East program if he maintained the college route. Seems to be a prospect on par with some of the better ‘06 USNTDP players.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Scored for Muskegon in his first game. The Jacks look pretty loaded this season.

The USHL has some amazing Canadian and foreign talent on the books this season...

Celebrini, Boisvert, Perron, Hage, McInnis, Moldenhauer, Morden, Mehlenbacher, Fegaras, Hrabal, Levshunov, Strbak, Nizameyev and still waiting on maybe Gridin who is regarded as one of the top Russian '06 talents.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Scored for Muskegon in his first game. The Jacks look pretty loaded this season.

The USHL has some amazing Canadian and foreign talent on the books this season...

Celebrini, Boisvert, Perron, Hage, McInnis, Moldenhauer, Morden, Mehlenbacher, Fegaras, Hrabal, Levshunov, Strbak, Nizameyev and still waiting on maybe Gridin who is regarded as one of the top Russian '06 talents.
Awesome to see. CHL hates it but completion is great for the sport and these kids.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He looks talented, but needs to show up more consistently and not only a few shifts a game. I like almost all he does, but I only saw it very infrequently. Maybe could improve his hockey sense a little, and his skating is probably only about average, but he has high upside. Question is can he unlock it. Seems to be off to a fast start with Muskegon. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a first round pick in 2024, but I think he'll need to show his potential more consistently for that to happen.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Had 45 points in 57 games. I would think one more season in the USHL, and then headed to North Dakota, but his EP page seems to think it'll be 25-26, so maybe it's two more seasons.

North Dakota doesn't bring in as many of these high profile recruits like Minnesota, Michigan, BC, BU, but Boisvert, Swanson, and Pilgrim as a top 3 is sneaky great the next couple of years, and maybe there are some others I'm missing.

He'll probably be one of the best non-American draft-eligibles in the USHL for the 2024 draft. Could even battle for best non-Levshunov one.

My scouting report from his USHL season.

Two way center with some potential at both ends of the rink. Has good hands and can make some passes and shoot too. His skating is a little lacking. I’ve seen worse. I don’t think it’s awful, but he could get a step faster with his acceleration. He has good size, and I find that defensively he’s very responsible. He’s a 2024 draft-eligible, and a top 6 center already in the USHL. He has a chance to be a first rounder next year, but I think he could also find himself going like late 2nd or early 3rd, if he doesn’t continue to improve, so we’ll have to see how he does between now and the 2024 draft.

Last edited:

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria

He's very strong, plays a power forward game, and has a plus shot. I think he could go in the middle-to-top half of the 1st round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Another highlight reel goal against Chicago.

Boisvert's hands are very good. He's smooth out there. Not as good, but cut from a similar cloth as guys like Barkov and Kopitar. Footspeed is the biggest weakness in his profile. It's good enough, but probably prevents high end upside. I'd say Boisvert projects as a good 2C.

I agree with @macbowes that he could go top half of the 1st round. Teams aren't going to pass on a 6'2 center with high end skill. Seems generally underrated on early public lists.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Another highlight reel goal against Chicago.

Boisvert's hands are very good. He's smooth out there. Not as good, but cut from a similar cloth as guys like Barkov and Kopitar. Footspeed is the biggest weakness in his profile. It's good enough, but probably prevents high end upside. I'd say Boisvert projects as a good 2C.

I agree with @macbowes that he could go top half of the 1st round. Teams aren't going to pass on a 6'2 center with high end skill. Seems generally underrated on early public lists.

I think foot speed can still come with him. He has a ton of physical development to go, he’s one of those kids who has grown a lot and hasn’t caught up in the strength department. He has a solid stride, he’s just really lanky right now. It’s projecting but I think it’s more of a strength issue than it is a physical skating deficiency

Reactions: Blueston

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I think foot speed can still come with him. He has a ton of physical development to go, he’s one of those kids who has grown a lot and hasn’t caught up in the strength department. He has a solid stride, he’s just really lanky right now. It’s projecting but I think it’s more of a strength issue than it is a physical skating deficiency
I can see that. He can get lower in his stance but overall his stride is good. He's only listed at 174 which supports your claim. He has the frame to support probably 205ish once he's fully developed. If he gets a step faster watch out.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
USAH has started to allow non-Americans to play in the All-American Prospects Game, which makes sense as it's essentially a USHL Draft Eligible game, and Boisvert is one of those selected.

These prospect games don't really matter but it's always a good move to improve the player quality and allow the other guys in the league to get the opportunity.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
My review of what I've watched from him this season. Has 30+21=51 points in 45 games.
I think he’s a very safe player. You are probably getting an NHL’er. He’s big, has good puck protection, some skill, has solid hockey sense and defense. His agility isn’t bad, but he lacks any real speed. Doesn’t have big offensive skills either. Not much of a playmaker. Late first/early second range. You’d like the skating to get better, but he should have a good chance at a solid bottom six player, potentially as good as a good 3C.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Gonna be really good for North Dakota next year
North Dakota has had a really good recruiting class this year. Say what you want about their NHL potential but you're probably looking at 4 impact (top 6 / top 4) NCAA players with Boisvert, Swanson, Emery, and Strathmann. Potentially 5 depending on how good Zellers is. Then Klee, Croal, Littler, and Luarila should be contributors. Maybe a few others too. It's nothing new for NoDak to be a top team, but it's such a good class.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I don't have as much of an issue with Boisvert's skating as I did earlier in the year. Still room for improvement, but I don't think it holds him back. On center vs wing, I generally prefer the higher IQ playmaking types at center, but Boisvert has the physical skillset to be a center. I think the question is if he's 30 goal top 6 or if he settles more into a ~20 goal 3rd line center who needs to be good at both ends to be impactful. If you're drafting him with the idea that he's a winger, I would move him down the rankings. He's got the size to win battles on the wall, but I don't love his jump from a standstill which is mitigated at center where you're always in motion. I get the concerns on his hockey sense, he can make mistakes and can be turnover prone. He's more a shooter than a distributor. I see more a raw player who's still developing than someone inherently dumb. The shot, hands, and creativity lead me to believe the upside is a 30 goal 2C. I think North Dakota is a great spot for him to develop into that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad