C Ryder Korczak - Moose Jaw Warriors (2021, 75th, NYR)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Is he a product of Brayden Tracey his linemate? With this production, it look like he might go somewhere in the top 3 rounds

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Is he a product of Brayden Tracey his linemate? With this production, it look like he might go somewhere in the top 3 rounds

top 3 rounds? this isnt his draft year, hes leading his team in points 2 years out of his draft

dont see how thats not top 20ish production at this point

Reactions: Dominance

Mercedes Benn

Aug 3, 2018
He is 17 but misses this years draft by a week.

So are they just going to leave him out to dry after trading Tracey and two other top 5 scorers on the team? Out of his remaining teammates, Owen Hardy has 18 goals and next has... 5

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Weird player because I am not trying to be harsh on the lad, but I was quite surprised by his point total compared to the eye test. Moose Jaw is very bad, it really is hard to watch anybody decent on this club, but man oh man he is as average as they come by. He's one of those good at every, great at nothing players and the last one who reminded me of that was Conner Bleackley.

He's still young, but being a very late birth year for 2021 will sadly hurt his stock in the long run. Big consistency issues, but honestly you can make a case for anybody who plays for the Warriors except for Evanoff - who got traded to the Royals. Will be interesting to see what happens because you cannot discredit his point total, but at this point he's quite iffy to me.

JoshTessler

Jun 18, 2020
Published a report on Korczak. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Originally drafted by the Calgary Hitmen in the 2nd round, 29th overall at the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft, Ryder Korczak really broke out after a May 2019 trade that sent him to the Moose Jaw Warriors. He was named an alternate captain with his new team. In the 2019-20 season, he put up 18 goals and 49 assists for 67 points in 62 games. The 2020-21 WHL season was severely shortened due to issues with the COVID Pandemic. Once he got on the ice though, Korczak proved that his breakout campaign was no fluke. He scored three goals and 13 assists for 16 points in 17 games with the Warriors.

His breakout came after a difficult rookie season in Calgary. In 2018-19, Korczak scored just eight goals and seven assists for 15 points in 50 games with the Hitmen. He also had two goals and five points in 11 playoff games.

Korczak comes from a hockey family. His older brother, Kaeden Korczak was drafted by the Vegas Golden Knights in the second round, 41st overall of the 2019 NHL Draft. His father, Chad Korczak, played NCAA hockey in the 1990s with Michigan Tech and the University of Chicago-Illinois.

2021 NHL Draft #36: Ryder Korczak Scouting Report

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Value isn't bad. I had him at 59, and we take him at 75. I find him to be a pretty underwhelming selection though. Late birthday, had a weaker season, faller as opposed to a riser, and not a real standout in any area. Probably ends up at least a good AHL player. Will he be able to play in the NHL? I guess third round selections can be a lot worse though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you feel (a lot) better about the kids chances?

No, he’s one of the oldest players in the past draft. He’s AHL eligible next season. He needs to be over 1PPG this season to earn a contract. Good start, but he’s a third round pick. I thought it wasn’t bad value, but like all third rounders he’s a long shot, and he’s a guy that must score because he’s not going to be a fourth liner.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
No, he’s one of the oldest players in the past draft. He’s AHL eligible next season. He needs to be over 1PPG this season to earn a contract. Good start, but he’s a third round pick. I thought it wasn’t bad value, but like all third rounders he’s a long shot, and he’s a guy that must score because he’s not going to be a fourth liner.
Thank you.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers prospect pool is struggling this season because the past few drafts have been bad, but this guy is not struggling. He has 6+14=20 points in 15 games. He’s tied for 10th in the WHL in points. Pretty good for a 3rd round pick.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Korczak is my favourite pick in this year's draft for the Rangers. It feels weird to say but the Rangers have some exciting forward prospects in Korczak, Othmann, Berard and Cuylle.

I still have nightmares about us passing on Sasha Pastujov in favour of Jayden Grubbe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad