C Ryan Suzuki - Springfield Thunderbirds, AHL (2019, 28th, CAR)

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Suzuki has really picked it up down the stretch. When you consider who he has been playing with, the numbers look pretty solid. Doing a better job at creating his own offensive and being more active in his own zone. Still issues with overpassing and some shifts being a little soft on plays, but he seems to be figuring it out.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Suzuki has dropped quite a bit on many lists.

He makes a lot of iffy decisions with the puck based on what I've seen of him recently. He is able to be involved in the play quite often, but he just throws the puck away far too often. He has great puck skills and skates very well; he anticipates where to be in order to receive the puck and is often able to involve himself as a puck carrier.

However, he bobbles pucks and gives up possession far too easily. He lacks the aggressive instincts of a scorer despite having all of the talent.

Last edited:

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Suzuki has dropped quite a bit on many lists.

He makes a lot of iffy decisions with the puck based on what I've seen of him recently. He is able to be involved in the play quite often, but he just throws the puck away far too often. He has great puck skills and skates very well; he anticipates where to be in order to receive the puck and is often able to involve himself as a puck carrier.

However, he bobbles pucks and gives up possession far too easily. He lacks the aggressive instincts of a scorer despite having all of the talent.

Yeah, I agree, I think he projects more as a depth 2-way C at the higher levels.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
One of the prospects i'd stay clear of unless you can draft him at #26 or with a 2nd round pick.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Been really disappointing on Barrie this year, hope a move to Saginaw will help

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018

Had a tough year overall. Injuries were a factor but was never able to perform at a level expected of him. Got a boost in points after getting to play with Perfetti, but Perfetti was the clear line driver. Hopfully he has a bounce back season next year.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Suzuki should have a very good season. He will be used to playing with Perfetti and the acquisition of Albert Grewe a 3rd Rd 66 overall pick by Detroit in last years draft.
Perfetti-Suzuki-Grewe with potentially the best line in the OHL. Suzuki should be able to get 80 to 100 pts depending how many games he gets in the World Juniors and how many games they play in the regular season. JMO but he will have a big year.

Reactions: AndreiThreeK
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Unlikely he plays at the WJC unless there is injuries but still him making the team is an accomplishment, he must have impressed the coach a lot during camp because he was far from a lock to make it

Reactions: NitroF

Maxime

Sep 5, 2021
What happen with him ? I can't find any info about him , somebody has news ? I know that he played 5 games in the ahl at start and now every time i try to find something on google , they give me nick suzuki information hahaha

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What happen with him ? I can't find any info about him , somebody has news ? I know that he played 5 games in the ahl at start and now every time i try to find something on google , they give me nick suzuki information hahaha

Someone said he was injured, but I don't know any details.

Reactions: Maxime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad