C/RW Nicholas Moldenhauer - Chicago Steel, USHL (2022, 95th, TOR)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Didn't see a thread for him but he is attending Canada's Summer Showcase and was a first round pick of the Ottawa 67's in the 2020 OHL Draft.

There is a running discussion on the OHL board about whether he'll play for the 67's or play for the USHL Chicago Steel.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see him play midget with the North Jersey Avalanche when he was here last season.

Any thoughts on him?

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Bumping this old thread - this kid is a really good player. 43 PTS in 41 games with USHL Chicago Steel to-date this season. Missed early portion w/ injury. Those #s would typically have a kid off the board earlier, rather than later come the draft....

Reactions: LeafChief

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone have any info on this kid? Is he playing college hockey next year somewhere?

Reactions: WeThe North

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Anyone have any info on this kid? Is he playing college hockey next year somewhere?
Would love to see him join Fantilli with Michigan but not sure how many scholarships and commitments are available. Maybe he's waiting till after the draft and waiting on guidance from the NHL team that drafts him.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Don't see a college commitment anywhere yet.

He's up to 39th on Central Scouting's final rankings after being 48 midseason.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I don't know if Moldenhauer was just hidden behind Fantilli and the Steels' drafted players, but he's a high-skill, high-compete player that isn't getting a lot of attention.

Moldenhauer had a rough early part of the season dealing with injuries and illness and had a later start to the year. He finished the regular season on a tear though with 15 points in the final 6 games, and 29 points in the final 20 games.

He said in an interview earlier this year that he plans to play NCAA but was deciding if he would go in 21/22 or 22/23. Since it's July and he has no commitments, it's safe to say he'll be back in the USHL next year and a contender for the scoring title.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I don't know if Moldenhauer was just hidden behind Fantilli and the Steels' drafted players, but he's a high-skill, high-compete player that isn't getting a lot of attention.

Moldenhauer had a rough early part of the season dealing with injuries and illness and had a later start to the year. He finished the regular season on a tear though with 15 points in the final 6 games, and 29 points in the final 20 games.

He said in an interview earlier this year that he plans to play NCAA but was deciding if he would go in 21/22 or 22/23. Since it's July and he has no commitments, it's safe to say he'll be back in the USHL next year and a contender for the scoring title.
Good post! I’m someone very high on Moldenhauer as well (Top 40). I believe you meant deciding between 22/23 and 23/24 but I’d assume the latter is what he’ll do as well. Extremely underrated player who took a while to get going after his horrid injury scare. This is a player that is more talented than most listed above him and would probably be a first round pick if injury free. He was certainly worked into the team and developed more TOI and chances as the season went on.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Go hide under a rock if that bothers you it’s simply you that has problems. Embarrassing

Totally normal and not petty grown men making fun of a teenager for uploading a tiktok that is a bit cringey.
You two are taking things way too seriously here, and only stepping out because the kid (who I’m a fan of) is a Leafs prospect.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
You two are taking things way too seriously here, and only stepping out because the kid (who I’m a fan of) is a Leafs prospect.
Ah yes, its the leafs fans taking it too seriously, not this ottawa fan who saved a video of a teenage boy in an attempt to humiliate him.
I want it saved in this thread forever so I downloaded the clip to post in here since embedding twitter clips can be lost over time if an account gets deleted or a post gets deleted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad