C / RW Joni Ikonen - Ilves Tampere, Liiga (2017, 58th, MTL)

jaa

Oct 24, 2013
Nice, I will follow this kid closely the upcoming season. Yet another skillful youngster in Kalpa, I have good feeling about this.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Nice, I will follow this kid closely the upcoming season. Yet another skillful youngster in Kalpa, I have good feeling about this.

They're a very interesting team. They've been playing a very fast game for Liiga standards, and have been incorporating a lot of youth. They came out of essentially nowhere and lost in grand finals of the last season. I really like the direction they're taking. Hopefully they will have a lot of success and it'll change some things in Liiga in a fundamental way.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
They're a very interesting team. They've been playing a very fast game for Liiga standards, and have been incorporating a lot of youth. They came out of essentially nowhere and lost in grand finals of the last season. I really like the direction they're taking. Hopefully they will have a lot of success and it'll change some things in Liiga in a fundamental way.

I really hope HPK, KalPa and Ilves will do well this season. They all have very promising young players and they have also good coaches that know how to encourage and develop young talented players. I'm looking very much forward to the up coming season. :yo:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Ikonen with the hat trick! Clutch time to do it too! He just took over that play and said I'm tying this game.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Well, he's impressive. Not much else to say. I liked him in every viewing last year but was still hesitant to put him too high in my rankings with his size and style of play. Had him around where he was drafted. Starting to feel like I underrated him. Again shows that it's never wrong to bet on skill. His game is probably gonna translate better to the pro level than I initially thought. Then again, he did grow throughout the year and is around 5'11 now, which is a lot better than the 5'9 and a half he was listed at in the beginning of last season. Might make all the difference.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
He is 5'11". That's is more than enough to dominate in the NHL. He has incredible hands, skating, playmaking and shot. What more do you want from a prospect? Size is sooo overrated in these drafts.

Exactly. Crosby, Kane, Kucherov, Panarin, and Granlund (all top 20 scorers last season) are all 5'11 or shorter. Unless you're Sean Dhooghe or Rocco Grimaldi, size isn't really an issue in today's NHL.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Exactly. Crosby, Kane, Kucherov, Panarin, and Granlund (all top 20 scorers last season) are all 5'11 or shorter. Unless you're Sean Dhooghe or Rocco Grimaldi, size isn't really an issue in today's NHL.
I think he has a Kucherov kind of skill-set aswell. Not saying he will score 90 points one day, but I'm 100% sure he will be another Sebastian Aho for Finland (drafted in the 2nd round and the next year dominates Liiga and proceeds to be a great prospect).

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I'm very excited to have hm in KalPa, im going to see basically his every FEL game next season, few from the arena and rest from TV.

Looking good, I'm getting pumped right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->