C/RW Anthony Romani - North Bay Batallion, OHL (2023 undrafted)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He has 5 goals and 7 pts in his last 4 games for North Bay. Building some strong momentum at the end of the season, will see if he can keep it up and possibly earn some more minutes.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
He has 5 goals and 7 pts in his last 4 games for North Bay. Building some strong momentum at the end of the season, will see if he can keep it up and possibly earn some more minutes.

He has definitely found his stride! He isn’t a good skater but he’s a guy that finds the soft spots well. Very good hands in tight and doesn’t panic, will make the extra move to ensure the goal/pass. His shot is better than his skating as well.
Doing this while on an all rookie 4th line so the minutes are not plentiful. He could definitely be moved up the lineup but the Battalion are deep up front and why fix what isn’t broken at the moment. Hopefully finishes year strong and a big one next year.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I am skeptical Romani gets picked this year in the draft considering his low production but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him picked as an overager next year once the Battalion clear out some older players and give him more of an opportunity offensively. I think his offense has more to give based on his results at lower levels.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Big OT winner for Romani tonight, had a solid end to the season, curious to see if he could sneak into the draft if the right team likes him enough. Can definitely play up and down the lineup, gives him a lot of flexibility at the pro level.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Big OT winner for Romani tonight, had a solid end to the season, curious to see if he could sneak into the draft if the right team likes him enough. Can definitely play up and down the lineup, gives him a lot of flexibility at the pro level.
He climbed the Central scouting rankings a fair bit from beginning to end of year. Hes been providing timely and consistent scoring the latter half of the year. Started seeing more minutes and PP time because of it - while on a very deep battalion team.

Sneaky good shot, knows where to go to create offence, good hands but a poor skater.

Reactions: kruezer

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
He’s stuck out to me this season as someone to watch next year. Good hands.

I did this! He's been fine. He makes plays but isn't consistent. He's also a bit behind the play with his skating. I like him as a last pick swing and see where it goes. Still has some good smarts, shot and hands.

Well this will be year 3 of watching him. He's improved tremendously this year. Points have certainly come, he's now at 29 points in 20 games, leads NB. Very smart. His skating has improved and his compete level has turned up from where it used to be. I think there's a player here and I bet he gets drafted if he keeps this up.

Reactions: barriers

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Well this will be year 3 of watching him. He's improved tremendously this year. Points have certainly come, he's now at 29 points in 20 games, leads NB. Very smart. His skating has improved and his compete level has turned up from where it used to be. I think there's a player here and I bet he gets drafted if he keeps this up.
I’m about 70% that he gets drafted this year, he drives things with Wakely and OVS (who deserves an AHL tryout someplace when he’s done in the OHL, very reliable player). Romani is very talented enough though I’ve heard his drive questioned a bit locally but I think he is putting those doubts to rest.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Already matched his goal total for last season and surpassed his points total in fewer than half as many games

STEAMLEAGUEGPGATPPIM+/-
2022-23
3.png
North Bay Battalion
OHL66232043203
2023-24
3.png
North Bay Battalion
OHL30232548810

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Why did he go undrafted last year?
43 points in 66 games, teams thought he didn't show enough to be worth a pick over NCAA route (4 year rights term) and European Pro route (4+ year rights term) players. Certain CHLers will be passed over as the development trends have shifted away from major junior.

There's also a high possibility his skating wasn't anywhere near the level scouts would like to see, I honestly am not privy to everything about Romani, just making some general inferences.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
6 goals, 9 points in his last 4 games

He is running away with OHL scoring race
as the Kitchener stars has stopped producing
and their team has started to lose games a lot recently.

4 point lead to Goyette (Sudbury), 8 point lead to Barkey (London),
ATM, Goyette the only one who still challenges Romani.

Commanding lead in goals as well, with 42

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Anyone seen him play this season?, is he any good, beyond his stats
- he is just 18 years, 6 months and 27 days old

stats wisely having an amazing season

crazy jump in production from last season to this

rookie season : 0.25 ppg
draft season : 0.60 ppg
draft+1 season : 1.70 ppg

44 goals, 82 points, +29 with 210 sog so far this season (2+2 in his last game)
(has pretty much doubled his last season goal total)

Last edited:
Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I don’t think Romani’s offensive skills ever should have been in doubt. A good comparison for him to me is a guy like Colby Barlow, they both came up thru the ranks together and Romani always produced the same or more offensively back in their GTHL days and even back to the WSI and way back in their brick invitational year. Romani was always a talented offensive player but when they hit the OHL Barlow was thrust right into the spotlight in Owen Sound whereas Romani was buried on a older and deeper battalion team for two years seeing at best spot duty on the second line but primarily playing bottom six. Now Romani is slighter than Barlow and more a natural winger so he’s certainly less valuable at the draft but I do believe if Romani and Barlow switched places in their OHL drafts Romani would have scored enough to get a mid round NHL draft pick last year. Does he have the drive to be more than an AHL depth guy? I dunno but it’s certainly not a lack of offensive talent that ever held him back.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad