C Riley Damiani (2018, 137th, DAL; traded to CGY)

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Fiesty small player. Should have a pretty decent year in Kitchener, looks like the coaches like him based on where he is playing in the line up. Works his butt off, and has some puck skills. Might be a later round pick if he keeps improving. He has been very noticeable in preseason and in the 2 games so far. I was at the home opener and IMO he was easily one of the better players on the ice. Hoping he has a good year.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Nice start to the playoffs for Damiani with 1 G + 2A in a 7-2 blowout win for Kitchener last night. Was named 2nd star of the game.

How did he look down the stretch? I know his contributions go well beyond the scoresheet but he registered points in just 1 of the final 11 regular season games. Maybe he was just saving it for the playoffs..

No one will ever question his heart, but for an undersized player, does he have enough skill to potentially succeed at higher levels?

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
There is a place for “undersized” players. As a matter of fact, the game is changing so opportunities a far greater now more than ever. I really like this player. Will be drafted. Most likely 3rd- 4th round. Excellent work ethic, good speed, 2nd round skill. A nice addition to a team’s depth chart.

Mar 12, 2009
His defensive game seems to be significantly underrated, even after how effective he was at being put in a shutdown role in the playoffs. Good hands, good passer. Pretty quick, accurate shot but lacking in power. Super competitive, plays a very strong game away from the puck. Good skater (quick, shifty) but not elite straight line speed; has an excellent motor.
I understand the concerns based on his size and not being an elite skater at that size, but he has a really solid all-around game and competes hard consistently. Not 100% sure where I would take him in the draft, I think I'd be comfortable if my team took him in the 4th round (depending on who is available there) or any round after.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
21 pts in 21 games... nice progression so far this year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Good for him. He was not good/invisible in training camp but I hope he surprises us

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He had another big night (1 G, 2 A) tonight

All of a sudden up to 28 points in 23 games just like that and top 15 in OHL scoring. 12 points in his last 5 games. Had just 37 points through 64 games last season

Would be awesome if he turned into another 5th round steal for the Stars

Unfortunately he also got injured and is now out for a minimum of 2 weeks

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
He had another big night (1 G, 2 A) tonight

All of a sudden up to 28 points in 23 games just like that and top 15 in OHL scoring. 12 points in his last 5 games. Had just 37 points through 64 games last season

Would be awesome if he turned into another 5th round steal for the Stars

Unfortunately he also got injured and is now out for a minimum of 2 weeks

Hes going to be a good player trust me. Friends with his brother and known him since he was 10. Buddys going to tear it up.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Man that really sucks. He was on fire

Yeah, that seems to be the way things go in Kitchener lately. Guy gets hot, guy gets hurt. And the injuries all seem fairly long term. Damiani appears to have a shoulder injury and while the team initially said "at least a couple weeks" the coach recently said "may not be back until after Christmas."

Reactions: Kcb12345

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
that sucks... Can Yantsis continue to keep scoring? lol... this is a blow to there offense.

Yantsis has been a pleasant surprise for sure. He is basically just posting up and shooting. He doesn't really have a well rounded game to lead a team though.

The Rangers will be hard pressed to make the playoffs with their health situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad