C Rem Pitlick - Minnesota, NCAA (2016, 76th, NSH, claimed by MIN)

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Rem Pitlick
(search didn't reveal another thread; mods can combine if one exists)

2015-16 Team: #16, Muskegon Lumberjacks

Commit: University of Minnesota Gophers

Date of birth: 02-Apr-97

Place of birth: Plymouth, MN

Ht: 5’10” Wt: 195 lbs.

Shoots: L

Position: Centre

NHL Draft Eligibility: 2016 2nd year eligible

THW War Room Rankings: 59

E-Mac dubs him Mr. Incognito and thinks he's 2nd round worthy, explaining why...

profile link

The Next Ones Online NHL Draft Guide

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Predators apparently saw him as a second round talent that they deliberated taking there, and were surprised and pleased to get him in the third.

Jeff Kealty seems pretty excited about his potential. I saw somewhere that it's still possible that he goes to Prince George of the WHL instead of Minnesota though, which I don't think would be a great move.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Another wasted pick on a college free agent
lol guy plays two college games and already concern he will stay all four years and opt for free agency

His first goal is around :10, and the pretty ones are at :30 and 1:20.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Another wasted pick on a college free agent

Blake Geoffrion
Craig Smith
Colin Wilson
Jack Dougherty
Teemu Kivihalme
Zach Stepan
Garrett Noonan
Chase Balisy
Anthony Bitetto
Zach Budish
Nick Oliver
Jeff Foss
Taylor Stefishen
Ryan Thang
Ben Ryan
Mark Dekanich
Ryan Flynn
Cam Reid
Jimmy Vesey
Wade Murphy
Tyler Moy
Thomas Novak
Patrick Harper
Rem Pitlick
Dante Fabbro
Adam Smith

what do all of these people have in common? They're all Predators draft picks from the last 10 years and they all played in the NCAA at some point before or after they got drafted.

So far, Vesey is the only one out of that 25 man group that was a "wasted pick" in that he refused to sign with us.

The point is, you can't stop drafting from the NCAA just cause one guy decided he didn't wanna sign here.

and thanks Jaykay for the video. always great to see our prospects do well.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The only one on that list that was a star in College was Vesey. Plus it's becoming more common for kids to go the free agency route.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
The only one on that list that was a star in College was Vesey. Plus it's becoming more common for kids to go the free agency route.

Wilson and Geoffrion weren't considered stars in college?

Colin Wilson

2007-2008
NCAA (Hockey East) Rookie of the Year

2008-2009
NCAA (Championship) Winner
NCAA (East) First All-American Team
NCAA (Hockey East) Champion
NCAA (Hockey East) First All-Star Team
NCAA (New England) Best Forward
NCAA (New England) D1 All-Stars

Blake Geoffrion

2009-2010

NCAA (WCHA) First All-Star Team
NCAA (West) First All-American Team
NCAA Top Collegiate Player (Hobey Baker Award)
NCAA Top Collegiate Player (Hobey Baker Award) Finalist

Hayes, Vesey and Schultz are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that have gone the free agency route in the last few years, and while it might be becoming more common, my point still stands.

Reactions: MNRube

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Wilson and Geoffrion weren't considered stars in college?

Hayes, Vesey and Schultz are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that have gone the free agency route in the last few years, and while it might be becoming more common, my point still stands.
Wilson was a top 10 pick and left after one year and Geoffrion was a Nashville native. Fabbro is the only current college prospect we have that I can see signing with Nashville and I would place that as only 20% possible. If not for his sisters playing soccer at Austin Peay the odds would be down to slightly <10%.

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The alligator eats the bigger number. :)

3>2>1
Fixed as I add "slightly"

Pitlick and other college free agents will not sign in small markets and will always choose free agency IMO! Drafting college players is a waste of time and resources!

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Fixed as I add "slightly"

Pitlick and other college free agents will not sign in small markets and will always choose free agency IMO! Drafting college players is a waste of time and resources!

You're really making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Sure, it may be happening more often then before (I am unsure how long this loop hole has been available to these NCAA players) but its still the exception, not the majority.

The way you sound, its almost like teams and drafting kids out of Russia just because they may go back. Obviously different circumstances, but to disregard a whole group of players because things might happen is ludicrous.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Pitlick is really good. Nashville got a pretty dynamic forward that works hard, is smart and drives his offense. Size is not a worry for me with him. Potential top 6 player in the future.

So far, Nashville looks like they got a pretty good haul from this past draft. Long ways to go, of course.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Pitlick is really good. Nashville got a pretty dynamic forward that works hard, is smart and drives his offense. Size is not a worry for me with him. Potential top 6 player in the future.

So far, Nashville looks like they got a pretty good haul from this past draft. Long ways to go, of course.

Last sentence is key. He hasn't looked amazing, like a sure fire NHLer, at the college level yet. I'd say check back this time next year before talking about where he'd slot in an NHL lineup if at all.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
He has made the adjustment to college hockey and has looked extremely impressive the last few weekends.

There's little doubt in my mind that he will be an NHLer.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He has made the adjustment to college hockey and has looked extremely impressive the last few weekends.

There's little doubt in my mind that he will be an NHLer.

He has been very good, the only doubt in my mind is that he has little chicken legs, like they are instantly noticeable. I don't know if that means anything but I just found it odd haha.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Finished 4th in team scoring as a freshman.

The Gophers aren't done yet but he's been outstanding lately. 15 points in his last 9 games. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays on a line with Mittelstadt and Tyler Sheehy (if he returns) next year and they could put up some huge numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad