C Raphael Lavoie - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2019, 38th, EDM)

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He reminds me of this guy.

Dragon-Quest-XI-Sylvando-min.jpg

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
I'm not surprised at all. The jump from juniors to pro is huge for all but the very best prospects. Lavoie was a good junior player but not dominant. Frankly I was surprised he even came to Rögle and SHL in the first place as I didn't expect him to get much minutes there. I think his agent may have underestimated the level of hockey that's played here.

Not sure if good vs dominant even makes a difference. Plenty of "dominant" junior players have struggled with the pro transition, plenty of "good" ones jumped and never looked back. Just different hockey.

Reactions: Fixxer

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I watched lavoie in halifax a lot (maybe a dozen times or so) and I honestly don’t think he becomes an NHL player. He’s obviously skilled but he lacks drive/motor I think for it all to translate in the NHL. Reminds a lot of Louis Leblanc that Montreal drafted many years ago but they both have this like 1000 yard stare on the ice sometimes where it looks like they are stuck in their head sometimes...not sure how to explain it but I think he lacks hockey sense. Might carve out a few years as a 3rd liner but I don’t think he ever puts it together. For me, I was hoping my team didn’t pick him

Reactions: B33K33PING

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Vilda Väsby! :yo:

A full year too? That should be a great signing for them

Players signed to Allsvenskan can leave as soon as North American leagues get running again. If they’re closed down for the year then Lavoie is likely there for the year . That being said Allsvenskan should be an interesting league to follow this year .

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Players signed to Allsvenskan can leave as soon as North American leagues get running again. If they’re closed down for the year then Lavoie is likely there for the year . That being said Allsvenskan should be an interesting league to follow this year .
He'll most likely stay the full year as was the plan with Rögle.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He'll most likely stay the full year as was the plan with Rögle.

There was no opt out on SHL contracts where you can leave whenever like there is on the Allsvenskan ones the players are signing . If NHL camps and the ECHL/AHL starts back up then Lavoie will most likely come back to play there .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
There was no opt out on SHL contracts where you can leave whenever like there is on the Allsvenskan ones the players are signing . If NHL camps and the ECHL/AHL starts back up then Lavoie will most likely come back to play there .

I think Oilers FO plays it by ear. Bakersfield isn't necessarily a better place than Allsvenskan for Lavoie this year.

Reactions: Tube Skates

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He's been a goal scoring machine in the Allsvenskan. Two more so far today, he's top 5 in goals in that league and producing at an impressive rate. Sounds like the rest of his team is an offensive blackhole, but I don't follow the Allsvenskan all that closely.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Led the tier 2 league in Sweden goals I believe

Vasby goals 23 assists 22 points 45

Has came over and has 3 goals in his last 3 games in the AHL
All different types of goals a deflection in front. A one timer goal and today just an absolute snipe.

He looks big powerful and skating looks good.
I heard alot of things about the effort not being there but he's in on the forcheck and backcheck.

Excited about his potential.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think he joins an insanely long list of forwards the oil drafted in rounds 2 to 7 that never make it in Edmonton.

It has gotten better as McLeod is a regular. For while we had jujhar Khaira in lineup. I feel like I am missing one though.. forward drafted by Oil in rounds 2 to 7 on the roster?

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I think he joins an insanely long list of forwards the oil drafted in rounds 2 to 7 that never make it in Edmonton.

It has gotten better as McLeod is a regular. For while we had jujhar Khaira in lineup. I feel like I am missing one though.. forward drafted by Oil in rounds 2 to 7 on the roster?

I think you're referring to Tyler Benson. He played 2 games for the Oilers at the start of the season.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad