C Raphael Lavoie - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2019, 38th, EDM)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I always compare him to Wojtek Wolski. Not in the sense that they play a similar game, but that Wolski put up pretty good numbers, usually ~50ish points and was even PPG during a short stint with Arizona in 09/10, but was loathed by his fab bases for how good he SHOULD be but never seemed to try half the time.

I see Lavoie having a similar impact. Of course that could easily change if he starts putting on the effort

You're underrating Wolski's talent level. At the same age Wolski put up 128P in 56GP in the OHL.

Reactions: Dempsey and nally

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You're underrating Wolski's talent level. At the same age Wolski put up 128P in 56GP in the OHL.

No I’m not. I’m saying Wolski had the skills to be an elite player but was one of the laziest who ever played in the NHL.

Lavoie doesn’t have quite the same skill but could be very good player on any teams top 6 if he played hard every game, which he doesn’t come close to doing in Junior.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
What I'm getting from what I'm reading is that he has size and talent to dominate teenagers.
To me the lack of consistency is not effort, it's not have a mind for the game. To me that would mean he will need multiple years in the A before he is ready...if ever. Really hope I'm wrong, as an Oilers fan.

Reactions: EnglishJet

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
What I'm getting from what I'm reading is that he has size and talent to dominate teenagers.
To me the lack of consistency is not effort, it's not have a mind for the game. To me that would mean he will need multiple years in the A before he is ready...if ever. Really hope I'm wrong, as an Oilers fan.
Should expect 2 years of Ahl minimum anyways with most second round picks. Next year will be a big test for him that’s for sure though

Reactions: EnglishJet

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Looks like he's exiting Rögle hours before the season even has started. Rögle being the ones to terminate the contract.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Strange to me someone drafted as high as Lavoie with his profile wasn't able to make an SHL team

I'm not surprised at all. The jump from juniors to pro is huge for all but the very best prospects. Lavoie was a good junior player but not dominant. Frankly I was surprised he even came to Rögle and SHL in the first place as I didn't expect him to get much minutes there. I think his agent may have underestimated the level of hockey that's played here.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Talent to dominate teenagers, needs several years of development before ready, doesn't crack SHL mens pro roster..seems about right so far

Reactions: nally

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Rogle waited until Caufield confirmed, then tore up Lavoi's contract. That is some cold shit out there in Sweden. lol

The team rumoured to be interested in signing Caufield is Rogle. They interestingly left Edmonton Oilers Raphael Lavoie out of the team’s plans last minute, tearing up his contract just hours before their first game yesterday.
Could that be because they believe Caufield is coming to take his place? We will have to wait and see, but it shouldn’t take long for this rumour to either be confirmed or squashed.

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
...then, what?
That's the news we're getting here.
I think its pretty obvious. Caufield decides he wants to play in Europe and Rogle contacts the Habs expressing interest. They commit and Lavoie is released.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->