C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Anyone who wants to watch him can check him out right now at the u-17 challenge tryouts. He's 16 on the Canada Black team. Other hyped players in this our Cuylle on Canada Black (#17) and Kaiden Guhle on Canada green (#4).

Its a free game, you just have to sign up for hockeytv without a subscription plan. It was supposed to be free on the HockeyCanada site, but that seems glitchy at the moment.

https://hockeycanada.hockeytv.com/#/play/game/485000

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
The sheer number of chances that Byfield creates is what really makes him unique as a prospect. His impact on a shift to shift basis is larger than any player i've seen since McDavid.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
With the new ownership and new arena plans now in place, its a huge relief to see the Wolves finally move towards becoming the solid and respectable franchise that it could be.

I'm a big junior hockey fan but living out west have never been to an OHL game. Would love to do so sometime. I heard the northern cities have the best atmosphere. Go Wolves.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I'm a big junior hockey fan but living out west have never been to an OHL game. Would love to do so sometime. I heard the northern cities have the best atmosphere. Go Wolves.

If you can make it out to Sudbury before the new arena goes up (were talking years away), you probably won't be disappointed.

It's a super old barn that has a lot of charm. We even have a stuffed wolf thats on pulleys that comes out from the rafters and stares down the opposing teams bench after every home goal scored....

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
If you can make it out to Sudbury before the new arena goes up (were talking years away), you probably won't be disappointed.

It's a super old barn that has a lot of charm. We even have a stuffed wolf thats on pulleys that comes out from the rafters and stares down the opposing teams bench after every home goal scored....

Love the video....awesome. Congrats on a new arena by the way.

I thought of a junior hockey trip that started in Ottawa and then Val'D'Or and Rouyn Noranda, then to Sudbury and North Bay. That might take weeks though.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

It was a great atmosphere. The last few years, Sudbury is lucky to get 1500-2000 fans a game. The Arena is dead.

The "new arena" is a complete gongshow in regards to city council. Complete joke. They might break ground by 2025.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Love the video....awesome. Congrats on a new arena by the way.

I thought of a junior hockey trip that started in Ottawa and then Val'D'Or and Rouyn Noranda, then to Sudbury and North Bay. That might take weeks though.

Thanks for congrats! Its been a fairly contentious issue here for the last few years, and there are still a lot of people upset that we are abandoning the arena and the downtown core for something on the outskirts. But one thing we can all agree on though is that its gonna be beautiful when its complete.

Your trip sounds like a great way to soak in some of the northern Canadian cities and culture. We have a good thing going for us up here, and were lucky most people haven't caught on yet.

I would also recommend making your way to Sault Ste Marie as well, even though it's a few hours past Sudbury. They are definitely the crown jewel at this point for Northern hockey. Incredible atmosphere and beautiful newer arena.

Reactions: 99664987

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I think he's gonna be damn good but Lafreniere is still ahead of him imo
i mean of course he already performed a full CHL season and dominated... Byfield is almost a year younger, a Center, Unreal skating ability and pucks skills for hiz size, we haven't seen that combination forever, if he can translate, him and Lafreniere will battle hard for that 1OV!

Reactions: 99664987

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Thanks for congrats! Its been a fairly contentious issue here for the last few years, and there are still a lot of people upset that we are abandoning the arena and the downtown core for something on the outskirts. But one thing we can all agree on though is that its gonna be beautiful when its complete.

Your trip sounds like a great way to soak in some of the northern Canadian cities and culture. We have a good thing going for us up here, and were lucky most people haven't caught on yet.

I would also recommend making your way to Sault Ste Marie as well, even though it's a few hours past Sudbury. They are definitely the crown jewel at this point for Northern hockey. Incredible atmosphere and beautiful newer arena.

Sounds great...If I ever can do that tour..I will throw in Sault Ste. Marie..

Here's to the Lotto max.....

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
i mean of course he already performed a full CHL season and dominated... Byfield is almost a year younger, a Center, Unreal skating ability and pucks skills for hiz size, we haven't seen that combination forever, if he can translate, him and Lafreniere will battle hard for that 1OV!

I'm not sure if Byfield just looks better because he's way bigger than everyone at this age. I know he has skills but I need to see how he does in the OHL before I call him better than Lafreniere.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think he is better than Hughes and Lafrenière.

No chance. Hughes is a smaller version of Mcdavid, most dominate tool is his Hockey sense.

Quinton Byfield has NHL speed and size right now. Byfield dominates speeding away from players, I dont see Byfield with high hockey IQ. He never had to think the game with his speed and size. Byfield 1st and 2nd year OHL numbers will be somewhat similar. Byfield looks like a bottom 6 NHL player because of his Hockey IQ holding him back. He ran the PP from the point this year and I questioned his decisions and his deception to manipulate defenders to open ice up to be lacking.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
No chance. Hughes is a smaller version of Mcdavid, most dominate tool is his Hockey sense.

Quinton Byfield has NHL speed and size right now. Byfield dominates speeding away from players, I dont see Byfield with high hockey IQ. He never had to think the game with his speed and size. Byfield 1st and 2nd year OHL numbers will be somewhat similar. Byfield looks like a bottom 6 NHL player because of his Hockey IQ holding him back. He ran the PP from the point this year and I questioned his decisions and his deception to manipulate defenders to open ice up to be lacking.

jury will be out until he plays against opposition closer to his heightand weight
until then the size difference skews everything imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad