C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I use the Lindros comparisons all the time, with top end speed. His biggest asset is his speed IMO. His biggest problem is he doesn't have lower gears. Everything is done top speed. Pretty complete. Great skater, but really good with everything else. Very responsible defensivly as well.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
2020 draft looking really good already. Byfield, Lafreniere, Guhle, Simontaival, Holtz, Rossi, Delemont,... the list is growing

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i don't even know what to say about this kid... so skilled and fluid skating for his size at this young age... it's safe to say this kids gonna be 6' 7''... if his skills keep progressing like this.

Incoming best player alive.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
i don't even know what to say about this kid... so skilled and fluid skating for his size at this young age... it's safe to say this kids gonna be 6' 7''... if his skills keep progressing like this.

Incoming best player alive.
You forgot to mention his outstanding vision and IQ - this is not a kid living off of a huge size advantage. I hope that injuries don’t get to him; for some reason, it always seems that taller kids are more prone to them.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
How does Ryan Getzlaf sound as a comparable?

Actually really reminds me of Modano. But a lot of that could be the level of play he is at. He is far to good for the league he is in. OHL should really challenge him.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Do you think he is better than Holtz?

From what I've seen I think both Holtz and Svechnikov are better pure shooters. Byfield just has so much more to his game that I think makes him a more valuable player. He's got the ideal size, skill and defensive ability to be a 1C. With that being said he also has a great shot arsenal, which will only get better and has playmaking skills on top of that. He is a total package player.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
From what I've seen I think both Holtz and Svechnikov are better pure shooters. Byfield just has so much more to his game that I think makes him a more valuable player. He's got the ideal size, skill and defensive ability to be a 1C. With that being said he also has a great shot arsenal, which will only get better and has playmaking skills on top of that. He is a total package player.
Who do you think his NHL comparable is?

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Byfield>Lafreniere

This 2020 draft looks stacked early on though

Lol you can't be serious.... Lafreniere has 1 full season in the QMJHL. Byfield has not even played a single game in the OHL...

Lafreniere is ahead but I can see Byfield get on the same level as Lafreniere.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
But faster. I'm not saying he has McDavid speed, but there haven't been too many people I have seen be so much faster than everyone else.
But he reminds me more of a Lindros than anyone.

Modano was a speedster. People often think of what he became later on in his career. But when he played with PA he was a big speedy goalscoring center.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Been a looooooong time since we've seen a prospect as athletically gifted as Byfield. The way he bursts into corners to steal pucks, is kind of something you don't see at any level.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Not as fast as McDavid, but I think he's got a more propulsive first few steps.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lol you can't be serious.... Lafreniere has 1 full season in the QMJHL. Byfield has not even played a single game in the OHL...

Lafreniere is ahead but I can see Byfield get on the same level as Lafreniere.
Obviously technically Lafreniere is ahead but I like Byfield more and do think he’ll be better. Lots can change though and both are very close

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The 2020 draft is loaded with goalscorers Byfield, Lafreniere, Holtz, Rossi, Perfetti, McCLennon, Simontaival, Crnkovic, Jarvis, Vierling, Neighbours. Loads of kids that can put the puck in the net.

This is going to be a really fun draft to follow over the next 2 years. A lot of really exciting players.

Reactions: 99664987
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad