C Philip Tomasino - Niagara Icedogs, OHL (2019, 24th, NSH)

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
5 points in his debut, 15 in his last 4. Playing his usual puck hounding game.... and you still maintain the mightily struggling Boldy is ahead. Boldy's stock didn't drop so much in my books, but Tomasino's rise the past year is incredible, in my books he has moved ahead. he should be picked along with the Newhooks and Krebs in a redraft.

After tonight, he could be second in the O again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Two goals so far tonight, he’s now a point ahead of Jesus. Jesus is over a year younger and plays the blue line though, so it’s not a fair comparison.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
What are you talking about.

Realized there is a player on Oshawa with that last name . I assume he was making a joke that Tomasino is better than him, though the joke got lost since no one knew the player or what he meant.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Realized there is a player on Oshawa with that last name . I assume he was making a joke that Tomasino is better than him, though the joke got lost since no one knew the player or what he meant.
Yeah, hockey players don’t come a lot more obscure than Oshawa defenseman David Jesus, sadly.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Right now which prospect would you rather have

Philip Tomasino or Matt Boldy?
I’m bias but I really do think Boldy has a special skill-set. Tomasino is great, and I think he’ll be a good 2C that adds speed, but I think Boldy will be a play driving 1Lw or maybe even center if he can become comfortable there.

Reactions: B33K33PING

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I’m bias but I really do think Boldy has a special skill-set. Tomasino is great, and I think he’ll be a good 2C that adds speed, but I think Boldy will be a play driving 1Lw or maybe even center if he can become comfortable there.

Boldy could be, but Tomasino certainly looks like he can be more than that.

He now has 10 points in 3 games with Oshawa....Is that right? I had to do a double take when I saw it.

I’ve long thought Tomasino could be 1C or first line winger and secondary faceoff guy. And I’d say he was underrated and fell further in the draft than he should have. I actually think Id prefer him to Cozens. Crazy right? But if his recent form is anything to go by, this kids going to be a stud. I think he will follow in the footsteps of Barzal, Necas, Chytil, Bemstrom and Aho as relative steals of their respective drafts. All or most are guys who should have top 6 careers but whom will all probably be capable of attaining 1st line studdom.

Tomasino is going to be an NHL Star. Book it. Just not sure which position he will end up at. If I had to guess now I’d say wing, but that could easily change.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

He now has 10 points in 3 games with Oshawa....Is that right? I had to do a double take when I saw it.

I’ve long thought Tomasino could be 1C or first line winger and secondary faceoff guy. And I’d say he was underrated and fell further in the draft than he should have. I actually think Id prefer him to Cozens. Crazy right? But if his recent form is anything to go by, this kids going to be a stud. I think he will follow in the footsteps of Barzal, Necas, Chytil, Bemstrom and Aho as relative steals of their respective drafts. All or most are guys who should have top 6 careers but whom will all probably be capable of attaining 1st line studdom.

Tomasino is going to be an NHL Star. Book it. Just not sure which position he will end up at. If I had to guess now I’d say wing, but that could easily change.
Yeah, I’d take tomasino over Cozens too. That being said, every year we find people that overreact to drafted players tearing up junior leagues. His toolkit is there, and I certainly think there’s a chance he could be a 1st line, but I’d temper expectations just a bit. Adam Beckman is tearing up the WHL and will be 18 all year, but I still wouldn’t call for him to be a future star. Time will tell.

Reactions: Vijo Morganstein

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

I've always had him above Cozens. Much more translatable game.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I've always had him above Cozens. Much more translatable game.

Yup. And more. If we were to do over the 2019 draft today, he would probably be my 9-12 th Pick in the 1st. Definitely ahead of guys like McMichael, POulin, Lassi Thomson and Newhook. But right now, the way he’s playing, I’d take him ahead of Krebs, Broberg, Harley, Podkolzin, York, Soderstrom, yes Cozens and maybe even Caufield. That last one would be a tough call for me. Would probably take Soderstrom a pick or so after him as I think a Soderstrom will be better than advertised.

But yea, I’m sure there are many that would disagree and everyone probably has their own specific order. But, point is I guess, I thought he was underrated during the draft and should have been picked a bit higher. But after following what he’s been doing I got to bump him up even further I think.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Him, Kaliyev and McMichael outperforming everyone ahead of them in
'19 it seems. And I would much rather have his hustle than Kaliyev's scoring. who knows what gaudy numbers he will have next year with the Gens.

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
Was a big fan of his game at the u18s last year. Seemed like a good puck possession player who protects the puck well uses his strong edgework and mobility. Had a good work ethic from what I could tell.. and pretty good vision (if I'm remembering correctly)! Been a while since I've watched him, but so happy he's doing well. Good for him :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad