C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Well I do expect Kootenay to be in Winnipeg relatively soon and the ownership could want Savoie as the crown jewel to start them off right there building around him, Lambos, McClennon and their own 1st round pick. The WHL does have a lottery so 1st isn't a lock for PG who have Swifts pick. I wouldn't rule out Regina now that they've traded Henry+Leschyshyn or Kootenay if they do move Krebs getting passed by Swift. There's also the rumour that Savoie wouldn't even go to PG if they do get the 1st pick. Again I don't expect him to be moved but with the current situation in Kootenay and where their future is likely heading it's not an impossible outcome.

Yeah it's the WHL. They are moving to Winnipeg. Go for broke and try and get the best prospect to come around in a long time. 2 years of being a half assed contender for missing out on the best talent to come through the WHL in years? Not worth it in any way shape or form. They won't be in Cranbrook for to long, no use in trying to get the people there to rally around something they have never cared about anyways.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Am I the only person who thinks Krebs is underrated? Notwithstanding the fact Kootenay is the second to worst team in the WHL, Krebs does it all for them.. captain, top center, top point getter (in fact, he has about 40% more points than the next highest person), two-way player. Would he not be on equal footing with Cozens and Dach if he were playing for Lethbridge or Saskatoon?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Am I the only person who thinks Krebs is underrated? Notwithstanding the fact Kootenay is the second to worst team in the WHL, Krebs does it all for them.. captain, top center, top point getter (in fact, he has about 40% more points than the next highest person), two-way player. Would he not be on equal footing with Cozens and Dach if he were playing for Lethbridge or Saskatoon?
Yeah if he was on a better team his numbers would have him top 5 on everyones lists but I don't think many people even watch him in Kootenay as he is the team. To me he's the 3rd best player in this draft and in the 2nd tier with the 3 other WHLers+Podkolzin

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

He's heavily underrated. Him and Turcotte are being so underrated it hurts.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
I think it's safe to say that he's not escaping the top 10 as of now until June.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's underrated in the same way Ty Smith was last year. Very productive, but not flashy. He's a top 10-12 level player, but could be drafted closer to the 16-20 range.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Has he been playing as center the entire season? Does he project as a C in the NHL?

Also, what would be a good player comparable at the NHL level?

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Has he been playing as center the entire season? Does he project as a C in the NHL?

Also, what would be a good comparable at the NHL level? Joe Pavelski?
He reminds me of a better Konecny. Krebs would skate circles around Joe.

He has a chance to stay at the dot, but he'll probably break into the league on the wing and end up staying there. Probably depends on how desperate the team that drafts him is for a center, as that tends to dictate the career path of a lot for guys who don't break in as centers right away. While, I think Larkin had the better tools to stay at center long-term, just look at he and Nylander. Leafs never needed a center after Matthews, and Nylander has never been moved back. Whereas Larkin also broke in on the wing, but Detroit had no center depth after Datsyuk's retirement, so they had to play him there in year 2 to develop him and he's stuck. Dach is probably the safest of the 3 big name WHL forwards to stick at center.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com

Also, what would be a good player comparable at the NHL level?

I'm a huge Krebs fan. Smart, skilled and high end compete level, plus he can skate. Based on what I have seen so far, I think he can play C in the NHL.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I could see the Oilers drafting him.

- The Oilers want to improve their compete level and leadership in the lockerroom. Even though he is a rookie, he could help solve this problem in the future.
- Seems he like he would be a good fit for either McDavid or Draisaitl''s wing
- He is from Alberta

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I could see the Oilers drafting him.

- The Oilers want to improve their compete level and leadership in the lockerroom. Even though he is a rookie, he could help solve this problem in the future.
- Seems he like he would be a good fit for either McDavid or Draisaitl''s wing
- He is from Alberta
I hope not. I like the kid and would feel bad if the Oilers messed up his development.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Getting Scheifele vibes from this kid although a smaller Scheifele. He’s the complete package putting up good numbers on a garbage team.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->