C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
How is Krebs developing in the AHL? Is he putting up points or more learning to play without the puck?

Can't speak on his AHL development prior, but, he was just traded to Buffalo. He's starting in Rochester (Buffalo's AHL affiliate), he will be starting with a mixture of wingers to start, but Buffalo/Rochester fans are hoping to see him with the other 2 highly touted prospects (Quinn and Peterka), which honestly would be an absolute killer line IMO. I'll try to update how he does but can't promise consistent updates

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
How is Krebs developing in the AHL? Is he putting up points or more learning to play without the puck?
Can't speak on his AHL development prior, but, he was just traded to Buffalo. He's starting in Rochester (Buffalo's AHL affiliate), he will be starting with a mixture of wingers to start, but Buffalo/Rochester fans are hoping to see him with the other 2 highly touted prospects (Quinn and Peterka), which honestly would be an absolute killer line IMO. I'll try to update how he does but can't promise consistent updates

I hope he does well in the AHL and Buffalo puts him in the best position to succeed down there. It's a small sample but Krebs was used on Vegas' third line and second powerplay and really just wasn't getting much done. He looked like a depth NHL body. Solid enough defensively, would have active looks at the net but I can count his dangerous chances to score this season in the NHL on one hand.

Vegas was essentially doing exactly what they did with Glass. He's good enough to not be a liability in the NHL? Onto the offensively anemic third line you go, time to figure it out on your own, kiddo.

He wasn't there long enough for me to get as pissed about it as I was with Glass but Krebs needed AHL time.

Reactions: Fatass

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I hope he does well in the AHL and Buffalo puts him in the best position to succeed down there. It's a small sample but Krebs was used on Vegas' third line and second powerplay and really just wasn't getting much done. He looked like a depth NHL body. Solid enough defensively, would have active looks at the net but I can count his dangerous chances to score this season in the NHL on one hand.

Vegas was essentially doing exactly what they did with Glass. He's good enough to not be a liability in the NHL? Onto the offensively anemic third line you go, time to figure it out on your own, kiddo.

He wasn't there long enough for me to get as pissed about it as I was with Glass but Krebs needed AHL time.

Unfortunately, he's going to an organization that is not patient with development, especially forward talent. I don't have much confidence in Buffalo getting the most out of him. He'll probably have moments of good work, because of his previous limited coaching and development by competent people, but he will soon find himself regressed to the Buffalo level.

More than likely he'll spend time in the AHL, and then be expected to crack the roster the next season. We're already seeing the impatience with Cozens and how that is impacting things.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I said it before . Hes RoR 2.0 . Hes a gamer. Buffalo will be very pleased with him. Better eventual 2 way play and his iq really gives him an x factor which I'd categorizes as very high , maybe elite . He's also a future captain. Other then size you're getting a complete package

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I said it before . Hes RoR 2.0 . Hes a gamer. Buffalo will be very pleased with him. Better eventual 2 way play and his iq really gives him an x factor which I'd categorizes as very high , maybe elite . He's also a future captain. Other then size you're getting a complete package

At the time of the draft, he reminded me of Briere with how he played his game. Not as prolific in production, but just watching him attack areas on the ice, and watching him read the play made me think of Briere.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Buffalo might as well flip him for 2021s Begland and Sobotka now before he loses his love for the game
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad