C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Perfect. Should be a key piece of the WJC team, especially if Dach and Hayton are not released. Will also be a huge add for the ICE. I’ll be at a couple of games in the next few months, excited to see him play.

The Ice are already doing better than I expected, the addition of Krebs will give them a big boost.

Reactions: Dominance

SkoomaShroom

May 1, 2019
Had a good game today with 2 assists, 4 pims and second star of the game. On his first assist, he set up the goal and second was a nice pass for a zone entry.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Curious how he looks for those who know. I saw his stat line of 42 points in 30 games since back from injury.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He looked great tonight and as close to 100% as he'll likely be this year before he can train over the summer. 3 point night including 2 shorthanded. SHG he had a nice steal then separated from the dmen and beat the goalie with a good shot. Sprung a teammate on a break for the shorty assist. The Ice have finally turned the corner and should be even better next year. Krebs has 11G+45A in 36 games. He has a good shot so he could score more but is similar to what Barzal did in the dub

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He looked great tonight and as close to 100% as he'll likely be this year before he can train over the summer. 3 point night including 2 shorthanded. SHG he had a nice steal then separated from the dmen and beat the goalie with a good shot. Sprung a teammate on a break for the shorty assist. The Ice have finally turned the corner and should be even better next year. Krebs has 11G+45A in 36 games. He has a good shot so he could score more but is similar to what Barzal did in the dub

Do you know what kept him out of the lineup?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
What’s his general playing style, and what does everyone think his floor will be?
Skating, hands, and two-way game are strengths of his. His passing and vision are outstanding, his best attributes. Could stand to improve his shot and strength. Player comparable might be someone like a grittier Teuvo Teravainen minus the deadly one-timer. Floor is a responsible 3rd liner. Probably should have been drafted before 17th.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Skating, hands, and two-way game are strengths of his. His passing and vision are outstanding, his best attributes. Could stand to improve his shot and strength. Player comparable might be someone like a grittier Teuvo Teravainen minus the deadly one-timer. Floor is a responsible 3rd liner. Probably should have been drafted before 17th.
Yeah this is pretty accurate. The player he reminds me of the most is Ryan O'Reilly. Without the fluke injury he would've gone top ten

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, either he or Newhook would've been great choices for MN. Boldy fell to them instead, and they took the consensus higher ranked player, but I wonder if they'll regret it in years to come. Even if Boldy becomes a 30g, top 6 LW, MN desperately needs C's.

Reactions: Dominance

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Yeah, either he or Newhook would've been great choices for MN. Boldy fell to them instead, and they took the consensus higher ranked player, but I wonder if they'll regret it in years to come. Even if Boldy becomes a 30g, top 6 LW, MN desperately needs C's.

Newhook/Krebs seemed like the obvious choice for MN. Thought they would have been chosen just outside the Top 10. AVs/LVK got really lucky.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah this is pretty accurate. The player he reminds me of the most is Ryan O'Reilly. Without the fluke injury he would've gone top ten

I get the feeling he will be okay in the regular season then a guy who plays better in the playoffs at the NHL level.

At least that was the first feeling I got from him.

Of course this is really difficult to achieve.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Back at the draft, he reminded me of Logan Couture, simply because he was very highly touted, yet fell because of injury concerns.

Granted, this is a comparison of circumstances only, and not playing style. Just wondering, are their styles similar?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This guy is going to be solid!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad