C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Don't get me wrong. He may be a fabulous player. It just seems that because he is in on a team that is soooo bad, he may look better because of it? I just mean maybe there's 5 players in the draft that don't have a question mark this big. But I admittedly haven't seen him. (and at -50, I don't think his goalie has either) I keeeed, I keeeeed....

Take some time to read this thread; if you don’t have time, I also quoted a variety of explanations re: why he’s -50 for you just above.

The bolded is just complete nonsense though...if anything, it’s the complete opposite. Everything is harder for a skilled FW on a shallow team.

I’d also slot Krebs’ defensive zone efforts above all the other FW’s from the WHL this year. He is a workhorse and goes 100% at all times. Really, it’s not even close to a concern. Possibly the perfect display of the uselessness of stat watching.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Take some time to read this thread; if you don’t have time, I also quoted a variety of explanations re: why he’s -50 for you just above.

The bolded is just complete nonsense though...if anything, it’s the complete opposite. Everything is harder for a skilled FW on a shallow team.

I’d also slot Krebs’ defensive zone efforts above all the other FW’s from the WHL this year. He is a workhorse and goes 100% at all times. Really, it’s not even close to a concern. Possibly the perfect display of the uselessness of stat watching.
Ah, I should have kept my mouth shut. I don't watch the guy, I don't really have any basis to talk about him. I wish the kid well. I just haven't seen a guy ranked this high on a team that bad in a while.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't get me wrong. He may be a fabulous player. It just seems that because he is in on a team that is soooo bad, he may look better because of it? I just mean maybe there's 5 players in the draft that don't have a question mark this big. But I admittedly haven't seen him. (and at -50, I don't think his goalie has either) I keeeed, I keeeeed....
You haven't seen him play? WTF? Why in the world would you say anything?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He's really a -50? Christ on a bike, that's horrible. I know it's a flawed stat but what in Holy Hell makes a guy who's a minus flipping 50 go in the top 5?

They're a minus 143 goal differential team. Assuming he plays a third of the game (probably a lot more), that explains taking the hit on a third of that negative differential. Factor in that he likely plays the bulk of his team's PPs and EN situations (where you're pretty much only going to be getting minuses), being -50 on this team is actually probably decent. The next best two best forwards on the team are also around minus 50, so that's what the going rate is going to be on a team this bad.

Connor Brown was like -72 in his draft year, and he's a pretty cromulent defensive player in the NHL. Being a good player on a very poor team is only going to bury your plus/minus. It has absolutely no value as a stat.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
This guy is just chronically underrated. Every time they bring the 3 big name centers together, Krebs outplays the other two. He's been great again today.
And 90% of mocks have him going to Edmonton at 8. He'd be a great fit for our 2nd line.

Do you think (if we got Krebs) that we would be better off with him playing 2c and Nuge on the wing (Drai plays RW with Connor)? Or Nuge/Drai at 2c and Krebs on the wing?

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
And 90% of mocks have him going to Edmonton at 8. He'd be a great fit for our 2nd line.

Do you think (if we got Krebs) that we would be better off with him playing 2c and Nuge on the wing (Drai plays RW with Connor)? Or Nuge/Drai at 2c and Krebs on the wing?
EDM should get Boldy if he's still there.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
EDM should get Boldy if he's still there.
I prefer Krebs 100%. I have him 7th/8th on my list ahead of Cozens, Boldy, Podkolzin.

He's an Alberta boy, a high compete level player (that we badly need), and highly skilled on top of all that so he'd be a fan fav in Edmonton for sure.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I prefer Krebs 100%. I have him 7th/8th on my list ahead of Cozens, Boldy, Podkolzin.

He's an Alberta boy, a high compete level player (that we badly need), and highly skilled on top of all that so he'd be a fan fav in Edmonton for sure.
Damn, trying to get Krebs, myself! Boldy is really good, though, and i think he is going to be a good NHL'er. Some compare his game to Stone's. I can see that. Since you guys don't really need another C, I would think that Boldy might be a better fit. I do think he will be ready before Krebs.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This is a guy that I could see climb the board a bit with a big u18. I think theres a little bit of uncertainty just because of how awful his team is about where to rank him. Hes a for sure high end talent but is he closer to Cozens/Byram/Dach or is he clearly below them? I think hes ranked below pretty unanimously right now but the question is was he good because he was on a bad team and the only good player? Or could he be even better if he had a solid team around him this year? Playing against the top players in his age group will help answer this. He can also be directly compared to Cozens every game.

This is a guy whose draft stock could be impacted by this tournament more than the average player I think

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Some team will reach for him early around 6-9, he'll end up being a great player.

A lot of people on the Canucks board are high on Boldy and Caufield. Understandable, given our recent success with US guys. But if Krebs is still there at #10 I would take him over anyone.

Reactions: CanuckCity

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Some team will reach for him early around 6-9, he'll end up being a great player.

A lot of people on the Canucks board are high on Boldy and Caufield. Understandable, given our recent success with US guys. But if Krebs is still there at #10 I would take him over anyone.
Taking Krebs at 6-9 isn't a reach at all... That's were he should go come draft day. If he goes lower than that then he fell and whoever took him got a massive steal.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Impressed with him last night, was really disappointed with Cozens. I would take Krebs over Cozens, as he is way faster and in my opinion more skilled

Reactions: Masch78

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad